China Multiple Entry Visas - Banned

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Thumbs down China Multiple Entry Visas - Banned

issued in Hong Kong until the end of the Olympics.
    ? China bans multiple-entry visas in Hong Kong - Thaindian News

I'm lucky I had to renew my visa beginning of March.

I saw this in the paper today. My current multi runs out in June... then what happens for people that have to cross every other day for business ? Considering a bus. visa is reliant on an invitation from a company, this is going to prove really hard to keep repeating every week, additionally how many pages is this going to consume in a passport having to take a full page each week or two?

Maybe they'll still issue multiple entry F visa at the border.

Quote Originally Posted by SymS:
    Maybe they'll still issue multiple entry F visa at the border.
    They never did that. You only got a 1 entry visa at the border. That visa was only valid for the greater Shenzhen area.

In addition I found this.
    Shanghaiist: China tightening F visa applications?

This situation is serious with a capital S for a lot of people who's visa runs out in the near future and has need to go into the mainland many times in the course of the period being stated.

One wonders how long -- and IF, HKG will respond to this stupid blunder by some over zealous politico trying to please his masters without thought to the damage to trade relations this will have.

Boris

Thanks for the link - albeit a somewhat ambiguous article. Agree that this is serious... I have to travel into the Mainland myself.

I am going to try and re-apply in June for a 2y Multi Cat F Business Visa, which is as I normally have done, although I have been building up from the original 6 monthly up to 2 yearly over time. Will see what happens; the SCMP was far more to the point in saying no more multis, doubles only as a maximum.

Please let me know if you hear of anything relating to this topic.

Many thanks

Just had our staff check up with both our usual visa issuers and also the efficiently named Office of the Commissioner of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Peoples Republic of China. Both stated no more multiples for the foreseeable and no date as to when this will be lifted.

A real pain as 7 of us are due to renew within the next 2 months!

And no more border visas and no more one day service.
    At first it was only until the end of the Olympics, now it is mid-October. Everyone start holding your breath.......Now!
    I'm going to be spending a lot of time in HK starting in September. Too bad the office is in SZ.

Quote Originally Posted by Sleuth:
    And no more border visas and no more one day service.
    Yeah I saw that too. How can the Chinese government start to take so many steps backwards? A crazy situation and not one word of explanation!

this is totally crazy. All in the name of "security" before the Olympics.

Also, I understand they have upped visa prices, just before the Olympics. Revenue earner for them I wonder?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 66 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast