Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By wtbhotia

does an approved dependent visa equate to work visa right away?

Closed Thread

does an approved dependent visa equate to work visa right away?

Our dependent visa has been sent out for about a couple weeks now, so we are just waiting to hear back. She is a Hong Kong Local, I am a U.S citizen.

Just to make sure I get everything covered, as soon as it gets approved, am I allowed to be employed with no limitations, or are there additional forms to fill out?

Also, I understand that to activate the visa, I need to leave and enter HK once. Do I get an ID card, or is it just a stamp on my passport?

Quote Originally Posted by semidevil:
    Our dependent visa has been sent out for about a couple weeks now, so we are just waiting to hear back. She is a Hong Kong Local, I am a U.S citizen.

Just to make sure I get everything covered, as soon as it gets approved, am I allowed to be employed with no limitations, or are there additional forms to fill out?

Also, I understand that to activate the visa, I need to leave and enter HK once. Do I get an ID card, or is it just a stamp on my passport?
    Once the dependant visa is in your passport your free to get a job (no limitations)
    to activate, do a day trip to Macau, you will only get a chop in your passport, after coming back to HK you need to go to Immigration and apply for HK ID card. go online and make an appointment or go early and line up.
    hktraveller likes this.