Depending visa

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I just applied for my dependent visa this past Monday. We got married May 1. Wife makes 45 to 50ish a month. We have been together for a while but the immigration lady said just our marriage cert was enough - didn't need any photos or other proof of a relationship. It does say where we got married (which was at a big hotel)+ - maybe that helps a bit than if it was just in a rush with no huge party, etc... I am working in China still, and will be for a few more months...

Anyways, that's just my story. I have heard of crazier stories than yours and people still got approved.

Good luck!! With the visa and the coming marriage. It is a big step. DON'T do it ONLY to get him there with you for now, make sure it's something you want forever. There is no real way to know for sure, but just make sure it's what you think you are feeling at least ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    It's normal....couple's meet backpacking then are forced to live apart until marriage and visas...
    True, but given the length of time they've been together, her average income and most important, the fact the boyfriend would fall in IMMDs 'poor and brown' category, she's going to have a battle to prove she's not just marrying him this fast so he can get a visa.

How many local girls get married at 21?

I still think they'd have more luck getting an employer to.sponsor him.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    You do need to have an above average salary - you need to show that you can support him long term, and give him somewhere to live without him working. Savings are good but I think good salary (20k+) is more important to immd.
    Rubbish. For local prs 10k is fine. She should have no difficulty with the financial aspects and with all the photos probably the relationship side is fine too. I wouldnt worry too much.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    True, but given the length of time they've been together, her average income and most important, the fact the boyfriend would fall in IMMDs 'poor and brown' category, she's going to have a battle to prove she's not just marrying him this fast so he can get a visa.

How many local girls get married at 21?

I still think they'd have more luck getting an employer to.sponsor him.
    I would not have put someone from jordan in the poor brown category.

Is there really a poor brown category or am I just brain dead at the end of the working week and missing the sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    Rubbish. For local prs 10k is fine. She should have no difficulty with the financial aspects and with all the photos probably the relationship side is fine too. I wouldnt worry too much.

We know prs who've had visa's refused for this amount. The rules state 'well above subsistence level'. 10K household income is not well above subsistence level.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    Is there really a poor brown category or am I just brain dead at the end of the working week and missing the sarcasm?
    Officially or unofficially?

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    I would not have put someone from jordan in the poor brown category.

I wouldn't put them in rich white though either.