7 days left - really short visa

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by guiguitche:
    ok i get it...oasis hong kong closed down right ?...................
    hmmmm I think I know what you're implying, Entirely up to you if you want to try that ploy but they're probably aware of that stunt.

You are screwed big time man.

First thing when you come in a country is to check its immigration policy. As stated before you were lucky up to now.

Luck only lasts for a while and can't last forever. If you really want to work and live in HK do not spoil future chances by playing dickie with the immigration.

Just go back to France, stay there for a while, build up a real plan for when you come back (line up interviews..) and come back in a year or so on a 3 month visa where you will have plenty of time to look for a decent job.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    (Showing my age a little) In the words of Ms Rice-Davies "we he would, wouldn't he?"
    THIS A GREAT & APPROPRIATE QUOTE

Except that the pedant in me is upset that I stuffed up the quote because I was in a hurry at work...

"Well he would, wouldn't he?"

So whats the latest then? Are you leaving tomorrow or risking another extension.

Those are the same rules that apply to domestic helpers when their work visas expire and they are looking for another job. So, I don't know that it would be considered illegal.

Quote Originally Posted by namaste:
    Those are the same rules that apply to domestic helpers when their work visas expire and they are looking for another job. So, I don't know that it would be considered illegal.
    A big difference is that domestic helpers have been employed previously and are given a certain amount of time to seek new employers.

The understanding that I have of guiguitche's post is that is in HK on tourist and is staying doing cross border travel to lengthen stay in HK while actively trying to find a job. guiguitche from my understanding is not being flown in and out for a one or two time interview but is in fact in Hong Kong actively trying to find work so to stay in Hong Kong while on a tourist visa.

hi hi I come back with some good and bad news.

Then you have been right, you ARE NOT ALLOWED TO SEEK FOR A JOB FROM hONG KONG on a turist VISA.

Then, I have to leave the country, this is the bad news, the good news is that I can stay till next monday the 28th... They gave me a extension.

Probably, I need to send back my belongings...

do you have any good contact at companies who are doing this ?
    If I can I would like to send a vehicule too. It s a scooter. same, I am looking for some informations about that point.

cheers

found all details there :

Hong Kong Movers and Relocation Companies :: Hong Kong GeoExpat

Last edited by guiguitche; 21-04-2008 at 10:41 AM.