Ban on China multiple entry visas

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ban on China multiple entry visas

Im starting a new thread to see if anyone had been able to obtain a multiple entry F or otherwise visa to China since the ban. We have heard it is impossible from Hong Kong but may be possible by applying back in one's home country (for me, the US). So, has anyone been able to get a multiple entry visa in their home country? I will fly to San Francisco if I need to, but want confirmation it can be done. Please restrict this thread to reports of people being granted or denied a multiple entry visa to china since the beginning of April.

I will get you confirmation by the end of the week. My niece has applied for a 1yr multi-entry last week in Chicago and was supposed to pick up her passport on Monday. She was unable to pick it up yet due to schedule conflics but will have it in the next two days. I'll let you know if 1yr was issued.

I went to get my SINGLE entry visa yesterday and all that has been reported is true.

Long Long queues - I was in line for over 2 hrs just to collect it.

I saw NON HKID holders being refused to apply the visa.
    However there where Travel agent couriers putting in passports so MAYBE its still possible to apply the single and double entry outside of the Wanchai offices.

That confirmation would be useful to the post.

Quote Originally Posted by Boris:
    I saw NON HKID holders being refused to apply the visa.
    However there where Travel agent couriers putting in passports so MAYBE its still possible to apply the single and double entry outside of the Wanchai offices.

That confirmation would be useful to the post.
    Agencies such as Shoestring Travel (TST), Japan Travel Agency Ltd (TST) and Forever Bright (TST) all say they can get a visa for non residents - sometimes even double entry. However, they also say you need return flight tickets from Hong Kong to the Mainland, and at least one night's hotel accomodation booked.

We were sent a message by Shanghai AMCHAM that this was happening and that ME could only be obtained at the consulate in the HOME country.

This is being vigorously opposed. I have a 18 year old teenage son who is here in China with us finishing HS. They refused to give him an ME although he is still a qualified dependent.

The consulate took a copy of his new SE visa and is going to use it to show that the government is not living up to promises.

im visiting hk tomorrow, so if i wanted to extend my visa, i would need to refurnish all those docs?

sheesh....

Agencies can 'assist' you with the documents for a price.

re: visa ban

But we can still get single-entry visas for China in HK, right? My student residence permit in Hangzhou runs out on May 20th and I'm going down to HK next week to get a tourist visa to do some traveling before going home... will there be problems with that?

What passport do you hold?

A normal American one.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast