Visa for Travel to Guangzhou

Closed Thread

Visa for Travel to Guangzhou

Hi all,

Just wondering if the visa-at-border system is valid for travel to Guangzhou or not? I'm heading into HK on Sunday night and was hoping to go stay with some friends in GZ and reapply for my Thai visa at the consulate there... gotta head back to Bangkok on Thursday morning. If I can't use the visa-at-border syatem to go there then what would be the quickest way for me to get a visa that would allow me into Guangzhou? Cheers for your help!

Cannot get a visa at the border for Guangzhou.

Quickest visa takes at least one day, maybe 24 hours, from an agency.

Cheers for that info mate... are there any visa agencies that you (or anyone else out there) would recommend? Thanks again

these guys are fast and cheap

JAPAN TRAVEL AGENCY LIMITED

check out their same-day service

I tried to get a visa to Guangzhou today. Both the travel agency and the Chinese Government place in Wanchai said that I need a return-airplane ticket and hotel booking! And in the Wanchai office there wasn't even any sign telling me this. I just happend to here it from a bystander and then check it from a customer computer and customer service guy. He said that the regulations were changed yesterday.

And I thought I would have took the train and stay at my friends place...

Is it possible to get around this visa to GZ thing by getting a 5-day visa at the Shenzhen border (assuming they're still doing that, reports on the subject are conflicting) and then going to GZ from SZ?

Yes, it's possible to do that, but if you get caught in GZ (or on the way: I have had my passport checked on a bus from SZ to GZ) you will be in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by ontheroad:
    Is it possible to get around this visa to GZ thing by getting a 5-day visa at the Shenzhen border (assuming they're still doing that, reports on the subject are conflicting) and then going to GZ from SZ?
    Possible but if caught you can have a heap of problems and give the current status of the situation would be an unwise gamble.

As years ago I knew a guy that was arrested & I believe fined as well, at the checkpoint when he tried to reenter SZ - he had a 5-day visa issued at SZ boarder (Luo Huo) was trying to reenter SZ. I am not sure if his passport was blacklisted by China gov't or not.