Like Tree2Likes

Student visa expiring, staying two more days?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

There are a few options:-

1. Get down to Immigration taking your evidence of the flight ticket/booking information and explain to them the situation.
    2. Send them an email, explain the situation. Still need to go to Immigration Tower to get your extension though.
    3. Call them. Still need to go to Immigration Tower to get your extension though.
    4. Do nothing and go to airport. Possible repercussions.
    5. Do to Macau/Shenzhen but will be more expensive and you have already ruled it out.

Just get your ass down to Immigration and fix it!

Claire ex-ax likes this.

As a work investment holder myself I know I cannot leave HK and return from China and get 90 day tourist visa as this doesn't work.

I was in China when my work visa expired and when I came back to HK on a Sunday evening crossing at SZ I didn't use the ID card but my Passport. As soon as my Passport hit the reader it turned up my other visa and the quite annoyed border officer demanded my ID and questioned me about working and I said I was not. The letter from HK Immigration had actually arrived on Friday.

This person has ONE recourse only - go or contact Immigration and fix it there and do it ASAP like this morning.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

If you have a valid ticket, I don't think ImmD will bat an eyelid at a two-day extension. Just apologise, say you screwed up the dates and can't change the ticket.