Hi guys - having sent off my QMAS application this week, posting this question may just be an exercise in torturing myself, but I'm interested to get a perspective on how viable my application might be. I know there may not be much of an answer, owing to QMAS success being dependent on shifting needs in the HKSAR and the general mysteriousness of the selection process.
(Supporting evidence provided for all items)
- Points claimed: 110
- Age: 28
- Dependents: None
- Languages: English only
- Criminal record: Nil
- Assets: HKD $380,000
- Tertiary: Bachelor in Business (Information Systems) obtained in Australia
- High school achievements: National level distinctions in science, biology, mathematics and geography, as well as placing 4th in Australia in a science competition; winner of school writing competition and yearbook editor
- Professional exp: 9 years in 2x multinational corporations ($45b and $100b in revenues, respectively) plus a small software firm that sent me to work in the USA; contract software developer at age 15; skilled in IT, telecommunications, managed services, consulting; recognized in writing by software multinational business unit leader for outstanding service in securing a multi-million dollar contract
- Professional network: Existing contacts in HK consisting of senior software executives and directors at 2x regional financial institutions
- Misc: My father has been a China business consultant for the past 15 years so I am familiar with the region, its culture and business customs.
And yes I am kicking myself for not commencing Mandarin lessons years ago