Child british passport Renewal Counter signatory

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Child british passport Renewal Counter signatory

My child's British passport renewal form C2, needed a countersignature. I have following questions;

1) Does "District councillor of Hong Kong" can sign as a countersignatory on the form C2?
    2) Does "Ex-police officer" can sign as a countersignatory on the form C2?

Hope to get your valuable information.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

According to the notes:

That person should be a British citizen, Irish national, EU national, other British national or
    Commonwealth citizen who is a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, Bank Officer, Established Civil Servant, or professionally qualified person, e.g. Lawyer, Engineer, Doctor, School Teacher, Police Officer or a person of similar standing.

If you do not know a British national or other Commonwealth citizen locally with those qualifications, a citizen of the country in which you are residing may complete and sign the form, provided he/she has a similar standing in that country has known you for two years and the Passport Manager considers his/her signature to be acceptable.
    Is the district councillor a British/EU/Irish/Commonwealth national?

thanks for the reply Claire ex-ax.

Your question: Is the district councillor a British/EU/Irish/Commonwealth national?
    Answer is "No".

If you do not know a British national or other Commonwealth citizen locally with those qualifications, a citizen of the country in which you are residing may complete and sign the form, provided he/she has a similar standing in that country has known you for two years and the Passport Manager considers his/her signature to be acceptable.
    According to your second paragraph: my understanding, if i don't know any British Citizen here in Hong Kong, than any Hong Kong citizen (HKSAR where i am living) also can sign if they have similar standing like Parliament member, Lawyer, Doctor, Engineer etc. I would like to know, is parliament member means legislative councillor or it is including district councillor?

What is established civil servant means? Is ex-hong kong police officer is a established civil servant?

Does your child go to school, in which case her teacher/ principal can sign it depending that they hold British passport.

On another matter, my son got his old passort back but not the new one. Anybody have any idea when the new passport will arrive, as there is no number to call to enquire.

yes my child go to the school but the teachers doesn't hold british passport.

Shai, who helped sign your son's form, by his teacher? i think you may got your son's new passport with in 3 weeks.

As it says, it doesn't matter about their passport, all that matters is their position: teacher, police, government, are fine. As long as they have a position of social responsibility that will do - provided they're not family and have known you at least 2 years. Though currently employed is likely to raise fewer questions than 'ex'.

seriously, you dont know any British citizen, Irish national, EU national, other British national or Commonwealth citizen who is a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, Bank Officer, Established Civil Servant, or professionally qualified person, e.g. Lawyer, Engineer, Doctor, School Teacher, Police Officer or a person of similar standing in hong kong?

i find that very hard to believe. Where are your doctors from? and people at work?

Last edited by dumbdonkey; 19-06-2013 at 05:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shai:
    Does your child go to school, in which case her teacher/ principal can sign it depending that they hold British passport.

On another matter, my son got his old passort back but not the new one. Anybody have any idea when the new passport will arrive, as there is no number to call to enquire.
    the old passport comes back from HK. the new one from the UK. They both are sent to you at the same time, albeit from different locations.
    You should call up the UK passports hotline and get the courier tracking number for the new passport. If the old one is sent back, the new one should have already done so too.
    Last edited by amitsingh_hk; 19-06-2013 at 06:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    seriously, you dont know any British citizen, Irish national, EU national, other British national or Commonwealth citizen who is a Member of Parliament, Justice of the Peace, Minister of Religion, Bank Officer, Established Civil Servant, or professionally qualified person, e.g. Lawyer, Engineer, Doctor, School Teacher, Police Officer or a person of similar standing in hong kong?

i find that very hard to believe. Where are your doctors from? and people at work?
    Doctors i don't have any particular doctor where i see contineously since two years. sometimes i go to government hospitals, sometime different private doctors. people at work no such a qulifications as mention above. yes teacher and ex police officer i know.
    Last edited by jessypurna; 21-06-2013 at 12:01 PM.

jessypurna, yes his teacher countersigned his photo, but she holds a British passport. I got my son's new passport the day after receiving his old passport.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast