New Rumor on visas...must return to home country to get new one?

Closed Thread

New Rumor on visas...must return to home country to get new one?

My Chinese teacher John just SMSed me that his friend who is having some difficulties getting a visa in Hong Kong, told him some important and annoying news which I hope is wrong. He says the Chinese government has changed the rules for getting a Visa again. You must go to your home country to get a new one. I don't know any more details than that, but if it's true I'm pretty much screwed cause I need to get one tommorrow! I only need a tourist one so I hope it won't effect me but like I said, beyond what he told me I know nothing, Might totally be wrong. Don't know which countries this affects, maybe all maybe a few. Please post here or pm me directly if you have any news because I need to know by tomorrow morning. Thanks.

Here is a link to the statement from a website
    <br>
    Address/Office hours/Enquiry service

Last edited by mLink; 23-04-2008 at 11:23 PM. Reason: link

This is very old news that has been discussed here for days. You can see the date on that notice was 10 days ago. Please read before posting.
    http://www.geoexpat.com/forum/thread26257.html

I've heard that news, and know of that link. Thank you though But as far as I knew, all that is about multi entry visas and I knew nothing about having to go back to your own country to get one. I will look through now since you imply that all my answers are within that post.

Sorry:)

Sorry, for this thread. Found out last second and I freaked out cause my visa was ending like today and needed some answers. Usually I read and search but I was in a panic.

They make it quite clear: "If you don't reside or work in Hong Kong permanently, you are required to apply Chinese visa from the Embassy or Consulate-General of Peoples' Republic of China in your resident country"

Why did you risk living in China for 4 months on L-visas??

Sigh...because, my residence permit only took one month to process last time and I thought it would only take a month this time, but as each entry on my L visa ran out as I waited for the police, I had to get another visa, and i still expected it to get done really quick.