Visa for Hong Kong

Visa for Hong Kong

Ok noone yell at me or refer me to that 300 page thread please

I hope its a relatively simple question, we are about to move to HK after hubby gets a visa...are we going to have drama's getting one? Or is the issue getting multi-entry visa's just for mainland China?

Many thanks

Hong Kong is completely separate from China for Visa purposes.

This is an Employment Visa, sponsored by his employer?

If so, and particularly if he's on an internal company transfer at a moderately senior level, then it should be pretty straightforward. It will take 4-6 weeks after the application is submitted before you get the Visa. You can also apply simultaneously for your and your kids' Dependant Visas. Once you have the visas you will get HK ID cards which then make getting an apartment lease (assuming the company isn't doing that in their name), bank account, and so on, easier.

*gratefully bows*

Yes to all your queries so that's great.

Mumto2, we are in a similar situation as yours. Not able to decide on anything without the visa done.
    When are you targetiing to be in HK?

Our relocation agent suggested that we can visit HK and then go to Macau and come back and get it stamped....but hubby won't be able to work till then.

Did you reserach on this? Any pointers please

We will be there mid-July. Our visa is due at the end of this month. No, no further research was needed as ours is a simple transfer within the company.

Best of luck.