any chance to re-entry after denied entry 5 years ago?

Closed Thread

any chance to re-entry after denied entry 5 years ago?

hi everyone,

I am new to the place, the google search has lead me to this place.
    It would be much appreciated if any information provided.

Firstly, I'm gay. Back in 2006, I met a filipino girl and we fell in love. I had a permanent job in hong kong and she was a fresh graduate. So it make alot of sense that she was the one who came to hk instead of I fly over. We get to keep the income and spend time with each other. I enjoyed a good massage in china and the little get away to macau and I have shared that experience with her. We were young and naive, we found that by going short trips like that will extend her staying time to a longer period. Then we started to do short trips on purpose. We were lucky and got away for a few times. She also started a tiny business by buying goods from china and brought them back to philippines to sell. Imported goods are very popular in her country.

In 2008, she got her first "DOA". Immigration called me and questioned alot of things about her family. You know those questions to see how much I know her. The deported experience was not pleasant. The attitude, the insult, the strip search, confiscate mobile phones, freezer like room. whatever you asked will lead to the same answer "you know what you did". Everyone in there were discussing and gossiping about her gay story. She was scared to hell. The officer did say that its a one time thing and she could try again later. He said she just have to spend more time in her own country. And she could have applied a visa to enter hong kong. She consulted the china embassy in Manila about applying a visa. The embassy staff kept telling her that she can have 14 days visa free and no visa application will be granted if its under 14 days.
    So we waited around 6 months for another attempt. Without surprise, denied entry again. Her passport was about to expire so she has applied for a brand new one back in manila. We did travel a couple of times but only within those countries which are visa free (like thailand, malaysia, macau)

in 2009, we thought its about time to try again and we were curious about whether the length of stay will affect their decision. There was a great travel deal to Sabah but only limited two ppl travel together at the same time from hong kong. The plan was she flew to hk on monday and we flew together to sabah on the next day (tues). This time we came across a very kind officer. he called and had understand the situation. He didn't hammer a big DOA chop on her passport, he didn't grant the entry either. He told her to stay overnight in the airport as a transit passenger so she could fly with me the next day together.
    It means to say her name is a big no no for hong kong already regardless the length of stay.
    And its obviously not a one time thing as the officer has told us.

She has not tried to enter hong kong since then.
    It has been 5 years now. I have heard rumors saying they will wipe out the record every five years. I have no way to find out if its true. I have tried to contact the immigration and they keep saying DOA does not mean you cannot enter forever, you can always try.

As a same sex couple, we cannot go through the normal channel to apply dependent visa.
    We are NOT looking for a permanent thing or a long stay, we both have a stable job in our own place. we know it well that its impossible in the near future. We are just hoping she can come to hong kong again to visit me for a few days, see my new place, see our dog and have a proper dinner together in the place where I live.

Please leave me a message if you have any idea.
    thank you so much

Why don't you get her a domestic helper visa?

What a terribly sad story.

You do hear cases of same sex partners who are granted extended stay visitor visas. However, I expect they have been living together as a couple overseas before moving here, never denied entry before applying for the visa, and probably not Filipino.

Why don't you both think about moving to a country that recognises same sex relationships for visa purposes?

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:

You do hear cases of same sex partners who are granted extended stay visitor visas. However, I expect they have been living together as a couple overseas before moving here, never denied entry before applying for the visa, and probably not Filipino.

Why don't you both think about moving to a country that recognises same sex relationships for visa purposes?
    One of the requirements for an extended stay visa is proof you have been living together overseas.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdonkey:
    Why don't you get her a domestic helper visa?

thx dumbdonkey for your reply.

we did consider our options after the first DOA. But with a DH visa, she won't be able to have her career if she stays here with me and do nothing. she can't work here in hk with a dh visa.
    plus, answering Yes to the question "have you been denied entry to hk" won't take the application anywhere.

if your gf is running her own business, why can't she continue running her business on a DH visa?

Its a little silly to look for more long term solutions after her first DOA and not before. all you can do is try to apply for a DH visa. I would probably get someone else to sponsor her.

good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Beanieskis:

Why don't you both think about moving to a country that recognizes same sex relationships for visa purposes?
    Beanieskis, thanks for your suggestion.

We both are not in a highly skilled professions. Flying all the time do not leave us with alot of savings. so moving to another country seems quite impossible. But I will keep searching.

I'd just fly to Manila once a month or every two months if I were in your shoes. Cebu Pacific has great deals at times.

It's pretty hard to give advice here on Immigration issues when only Immigration can give you an answer correctly. Have you tried contacting the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in your GF's country? Is there any possibility of getting a ruling?

Why doesn't your GF get a company to sponsor her visa?