Like Tree8Likes

How to obtain HK ID card for Downgraded Status, Right to Land, Skip ROP 145/VEPIC

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Your dad is Chinese with BDT passport and HK ROA?

Then PR C never recognized his foreign nationality and regards him as its national.

If so, check chinese nat law whether you have inherited Chinese nat from him
    then it's 3.

Last edited by Morrison; 03-02-2014 at 10:47 AM.
    MDMAMA likes this.

I can use some helps here! I am also completing the ROP 145 with VEPIC process and will submit during my HK visit in mid-Feb 2014. I think I am category #3 (a person born outside HK to a parent who is a permanent resident of the HKSAR). My mom was a HK "British Passport" holder when I was born.

I am not sure which box(es) to check at Section 6 "Declaration of Applicant Aged 18 or over". It said box (1) and (2) are applicable to claim under category 1 to 3. But these two boxes (1) and (2) said "I declare I am a Chinese citizen and blah blah blah...." I born in US and have US passport, so it would be incorrect for me to check box (1) and/or (2). It seems box (3) "..entered HK leagaly on strength of a valid travel document." will apply but it mentioned this delcaration is applicable to cliam under category 2 or 4. So I am not sure how to answer and check these box(es) to avoid messing up my application. Help!

Does anyone have experience or knowledge what will take place after the approval granted on ROP 145? Will I need to come to HK again to apply the HK ID?

Where were you born ?
    If your mom was on a British passport ( or unrestricted visa ) in Britain
    on t he day of your birth then you are not regarded as Chinese national, see Chinese nat law on HK Immis website for details, so it's not 3. for you.

As to your second post, they will invite you for document verification, you will have to show them all originals of the documents you submitted, they scan them in and if everything is in line you get a sticker in your passport that says " all previous conditions of stay cancelled" with which you can waltz your way to apply for HK ID card.

You can also authorize someone to do that for you ( to my best knowledge ) and will get a letter instead of the sticker

Last edited by Morrison; 07-02-2014 at 02:56 PM.
    MDMAMA likes this.

I am US born and my mom is Chinese and born in HK too. Her passport was the pre1997 HK "British" passport so she was HK citizen with three star HK PID, still is, at day of my birth. Just confused with the ROP 145 section 6 "declaration" section....whether that is a trick question or trap wire? I don't think I could check box 1 and 2 as I think I won't be considered as Chinese citizen.

Last edited by MDMAMA; 07-02-2014 at 04:06 PM.

Was she on a conditional or unconditional visa in US when you were born ?
    E.g. good for 1 year, student visa vs green card

@ Morrison,

I have a an Old ID card with UMOY code on it. Born in the Philippines and came to HKG at age 1. Studied in a Goverment School from Primay 1-6 then went back to the Philippines to pursue Secondary and college.

My parents are HKG residence till now but are not born in HKG. I used to be a dependent to them.I returned to HKG last 2000 to reapply but unfortunately got rejectd as i jst turned 22 yrs old.
    I still visit hkg very often on a tourist visa. I was just there this feb.

Im confused if I can apply for the verification of a permanent ID card to be able to live back in Hkg without conditions

Perhaps you can elaborate a little further about your parents nationality and visa status on the Phillipines when you were born ?

And with "residence" I assume you mean residents.

My parents are non chinese and worked in hkg since 77 then i assume applied for residents around 1984-85.

I was born in 1977 and moved to HKg a year after.

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using GeoClicks mobile app

I see. My experience is limited to persons with Chinese parent(s).

Have you checked fellow user hairball's guide to ROA ( Right of Abode ) ?
    He has posted it online, not here on geoexpat.
    I am quite sure his guide provides the info you are looking for.

Perhaps you are eligible for RTL ( Right to Land) , but I am not familiar with
    cases as yours

Last edited by Morrison; 17-02-2014 at 12:25 PM.