Like Tree8Likes

How to obtain HK ID card for Downgraded Status, Right to Land, Skip ROP 145/VEPIC

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6

Question: If I am a non-Chinese and have an ID card with right-to-land and no expiry date, will it be valid indefinitely? There is absolutely no information on this anywhere! For me it would be very important to know the answer, as I would like to return to HK soon.

sorry, big edit: the markings are CO. I understand that is conditional stay, however it still has no expiry date.
    if the condition of stay (valid student visa) is no longer met and I enter on a touist "stamp", will I still be considered a HKID holder? even if it will no longer entitle me to stay longer than a 90 day entry, could I still be considered a holder of a HKID?

Quote Originally Posted by psyclon9:
    For me it would be very important to know the answer, as I would like to return to HK soon.
    Why not email the Immigration Department?

How do you know you have right to land? student visa does not entitle one to right to land

ID cards do not have an expiration date. The "C" (conditional flag) implies that you do not have a "right to land", you have conditions attached to your status - which are typically on the visa.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6