Like Tree5Likes

support letter for helper's husband vacation to HK

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

To give you an idea of what it means, this is what is on the Visitor/ Visitor in Transit (sponsor) form:

Monthly income/deposit (HK$)

Sponsor’s Statement and Declaration
    I consent to the making of any enquiries necessary for the processing of this application.

I certify from my personal knowledge of the applicant, that I am able to support the applicant as a person whom I believe is suitable to be allowed into Hong Kong for the purpose stated.

I undertake to assume responsibility for the applicant’s repatriation to (insert place of domicile) if at the expiry of limit of stay granted by the Director of Immigration, the applicant fails to leave Hong Kong.

MovingIn07 and Fiona in HKG like this.

Thanks for the above.

I did find an "Affidavit of Support" from the Philippines Consulate which my helper can complete and that basically states who her employer is, who is visiting her and that she will be responsible for them.
    But it seems this document is for the Philippines immigration and not HK immigration.

Anyone had their helper's family/friend visit HK without any problems at immigration?

Yes - once when my helper's daughter came to visit, and gave my name and address to ImmD at the airport when asked where she was staying. I got a call from the Immigration Officer to confirm that this was the case. But other family members have visited HK (staying in hotels) without problems and without ImmD contacting me. Filipinos get 14 days as a visitor to HK without need of a visa.

It seems to be the Filipino end that's a problem - they are making it increasingly hard for their citizens to exit their own country (something which is clearly in breach of the UN Convention on Human Rights).

INXS likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Yes - once when my helper's daughter came to visit, and gave my name and address to ImmD at the airport when asked where she was staying. I got a call from the Immigration Officer to confirm that this was the case. But other family members have visited HK (staying in hotels) without problems and without ImmD contacting me. Filipinos get 14 days as a visitor to HK without need of a visa.

It seems to be the Filipino end that's a problem - they are making it increasingly hard for their citizens to exit their own country (something which is clearly in breach of the UN Convention on Human Rights).
    Thanks. That would have been my next point, why does he need a letter of support anyway?