RTL holder with mainland wife.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RTL holder with mainland wife.

My friend has RTL and a mainland wife.

How hard is it for her to give birth in Hong Kong now? Does anyone have any kind of information on the current waiting lists for mainland residents or any suggestions as to the places in which permanent residency can be purchased via say investment or something? There is a Budget of say 50k USD and the PR would be used for dependent visa.

Quote Originally Posted by HKHK154:
    Does anyone have any kind of information on the current waiting lists for mainland residents
    No waiting list as there is a zero quota law in place.

There is a Budget of say 50k USD and the PR would be used for dependent visa.
    You need HKD10 million to buy your way into HK legally.
    Last edited by emx; 26-07-2013 at 03:36 PM.

If your wife has a PR in foreign country it s possible to get a dependant visa easily.

Heard from online media that gambia is the transit point for most mainland chinese to come to hk. Gambia sells pr for a sizeable investment in their country.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wealth...200257452.html

Ther is a daily quota for mainland wifes joining hk husbands..around 60 i think..she has to apply for one way permit to settle in hk and it will be a long wait!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app

Last edited by shafiq; 26-07-2013 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    If your wife has a PR in foreign country it s possible to get a dependant visa easily.

Heard from online media that gambia is the transit point for most mainland chinese to come to hk. Gambia sells pr for a sizeable investment in their country.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/wealth...200257452.html

Ther is a daily quota for mainland wifes joining hk husbands..around 60 i think..she has to apply for one way permit to settle in hk and it will be a long wait!!

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Sure I know there is a quota but are there any logs on the sort of waiting time? When I mention PR I mean in some poor(assuming they are cheap) country where the PR is bought simply to take care of the mainland residency issue.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Mainland wives of local men can give birth here, right? But at $39,000 and only if have had previous appointments with the HA (can't just turn up in labour otherwise it's $90,000)? If so, is RTL acceptable?

Questions because I'm not sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Mainland wives of local men can give birth here, right? But at $39,000 and only if have had previous appointments with the HA (can't just turn up in labour otherwise it's $90,000)? If so, is RTL acceptable?

If she goes private she can have the baby here, but that will cost a lot more than 39k and getting a bed is incredibly hard as the demand is so high.

She can't use the public system anymore - zero quota - unless she's willing to risk her life and the babys' by turning up at a&e and she'd have to pay $90k before the hospital will register the birth.

Does anyone have any kind of information on the current waiting lists for mainland residents or any suggestions as to the places in which permanent residency can be purchased via say investment or something? There is a Budget of say 50k USD and the PR would be used for dependent visa.
    I'm aware that this is an option for St Kitts and Nevis and Dominica but I believe there are quite a few more. I thought Dominica was around that price range but this site (http://www.citizenshipinvest.com/home) says it's 100K and 250K for St Kitts and Nevis.
    Last edited by JuiceSqueezer; 27-07-2013 at 09:03 PM. Reason: Missing a crucial digit in pricing!

Apparently the majority of mainlanders under the CIES have permanent residency in Gambia and Guinea-Bissau.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:

Rtl is acceptable. Rtl is defined as free from any condition of stay.

It's the ID status of the mother that matters though if they want to go public, doesn't matter what the dad's got.

If they want to go private they need to find a private doctor who can get them a space in a private hospital. No easy task - even with money to chuck around/

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast