Urgent Help !!! dependent visa for baby expired without use

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

christine, i think you are a little mixed up.

a PR DOES NOT need a visa, of ANY kind. so, it is impossible that if they are gone for more than 3 years their VISA will become null and void... they DO NOT have a visa.

what happens to a PR (ONLY those who have "earned" it ~ie. been here for 7 years) is that they no longer have Right of Abode. They are downgraded to Right to Land. They basically have the right to live and work in HK WITHOUT a visa, however, they may get deported if they take up illegal activities.

To answer the question about Dependant Visas, then in principle it will only be renewed if you can demonstrate to ImmD's satisfaction that you continue to have your normal place of residence as Hong Kong. If ImmD choose to look at your travel patterns and see that this doesn't appear to be the case then the onus will be on you to justify it.

I had years on an Employment Visa when I was out of HK well over 200 days, but since that was clearly demonstrable as business travel then there was no problem. So it really depends why you will be out of Hong Kong.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2