Applying for RTL - What do I need?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    are you sure, only in april 09, my younger brother exchanged his old ROA juvenile id card for a ful ROA *** id card, he was born in UK, has not been in HK for 8 years, but born before 97.

how can be sure if they have been given non chinese citizen & non hk born people by mistake, would the difference be indigenous HK people (原居民) enables that their offspring will still have *** ROA status even though they have not revisited HK after 3 years or was never born in HK.
    His card says ***AMO?

Hmm, are you sure he's a non chinese citizen? The only way I can understand this is if one of his parents was not settled abroad when he was born - in which case he is a full chinese citizen with eligiblity to hold both HKSAR and UK passports.

According to http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr97-98/engl...s/mn080697.htm , being an indigenous member doesn't make a difference. It was discussed to give all descendants a rigth of abode in HK but rejected as being against the Basic Law.

like my younger brother, i have AO*** status, but i am not a chinese citizen as i was declined a HK sar passport as well as China home return pass (回嚮証) when i applied in 2007, i am not the only one, i know many people in the same boat, my parents was definitely settled in uk when i was born.

can anyone explain this apparent anomoly?

like my younger brother, i have AO*** status, but i am not a chinese citizen as i was declined a HK sar passport as well as China home return pass (回嚮証) when i applied in 2007, i am not the only one, i know many people in the same boat, my parents was definitely settled in uk when i was born.

can anyone explain this apparent anomoly?
    You are a UK citizen by birth then, right? Same as your brother?

And you both were gone from Hong Kong for 7 years? What were the exact dates?
    Time from before 1999 may not count...

Neither of you were ever in Hong Kong for a period of 7 years or more?

To have AO*** you must be a chinese citizen or a stateless person. (Stateless persons can have RO*** or UO*** as well. I am not sure if CO*** is possible or not. Mainland Chinese can have UX***, and after 7 years they become AX*** which is the same as AZ***, or being born in Hong Kong.)

me, came back to hk, 2000 & 2005, then moved over to hk in 2007, still have *** ROA, can not apply for HK sar passport, thus not chinese citizen, have full UK passport

my brother, came to HK in 2001, back in 2009 to change his juvenile card to a full AO*** id card, assumed not to be chinese citizen, also has have full UK passport.

is this an anomoly?

me, came back to hk, 2000 & 2005, then moved over to hk in 2007, still have *** ROA, can not apply for HK sar passport, thus not chinese citizen, have full UK passport

my brother, came to HK in 2001, back in 2009 to change his juvenile card to a full AO*** id card, assumed not to be chinese citizen, also has have full UK passport.

is this an anomoly?
    Your absence between 2000 and 2005 appears to be more than 36 months. Same for your brother's absence between 2001 and 2009.

Since returning, neither of you could have been in Hong Kong for 7 years.

Therefore, I do not see how you have AO, you should have RO. The only way to have AO in this situation is to be a chinese citizen.

So yes, this is an anomaly and I don't know how or why it happened, unless you both got AO*** by mistake OR you both are chinese citizens and your HKSAR passport was declined by mistake. Hmm.

Out of curiousity, do either of you hold (or ever held or applied for) BN(O) passports?

born in uk, thus, have full britsh passport, no BNO,

i am not the only one, i know over 15 british born chinese with the same situation, some have even sucessfully got China home return pass (回嚮証) as they applied before 2005, but non of them have HK sar or BNO passports.

please can all overseas born chinese who have AO*** status (though have not stayed in hk for 7 years) confirm for the record for this forum sake

thanks

I guess it'd be interesting to see the "anomalies". But then again, we've probably talked *** to death in this forum!

So imparanoic, did your ***AO friends actually apply for a HKSAR Passport? Or did they try and get refused?

born in uk, thus, have full britsh passport
    That doesn't follow at all - you don't get a British passport simply by being born in the UK (since 1981 or is it 1983?) - there has to be more to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Hairball:
    I guess it'd be interesting to see the "anomalies". But then again, we've probably talked *** to death in this forum!

So imparanoic, did your ***AO friends actually apply for a HKSAR Passport? Or did they try and get refused?
    yes, refused a HKSAR passport and china return pass ( applied after 2005), however, still have AO *** status.

I just want understand the reason why this is happening.