Like Tree25Likes

Dependant visa is still in In Progress State

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Question Dependant visa is still in In Progress State

Hi,
    My husband settled down in HK 8 months back, & he have applied dependent visa for me 12 weeks back. After the 4th week as the immigration requested we have submitted the additional documents related to financial & proofing for relationships too, Both of us are Asians brown in complex & We got married 10 months back. Our love afair stated 8 years back & we have provided all the evidences. (photos taken since 8 years).
    After the second submission now for this week 6 weeks are completing. But still the online checking it says "In Progress". My husband have tried several times to contact the immigration Officer. But every time it failed. Both of us willing waiting for the approval.
    Please provide us any suggestion on this? Any reason for delay from our end.?
    We are looking for a favorable reply.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ruwanithanu:
    Hi,

Please provide us any suggestion on this? Any reason for delay from our end.?

Thanks

You answered your own question sadly...

Both of us are Asians brown in complex

Hi,
    Thanks a lot for the reply, but sorry I didn't get u.

You mean we may failed to get it or?

I have mention that we are in brown in complex because I have seen most of the threads some expertise ask about the complexion. I think for white people the process is easier.

Thanks

Keep trying to contact the case officer for your application at Immigration to confirm nothing is outstanding.

If your husband meets the financial criteria you should be fine in the end.

Thanks a lot. My Husband's income is $26K per month & there was $23K savings at the time of submitting the application. Is it an eligible financial criteria?

Thanks

should not be an issue on the financial front, i would think. the reason is more likely that HK immigration does take a closer look at people from the indian sub-continent (if that is where you are indeed from).

like ellie said, i would keep trying to follow up and make sure nothing is outstanding. then it should go through in the end

Thanks a lot. Even a positive comments are relief for us. Because we are willingly waiting for the Approval. Yes we are Srilankans. Not Indians. But from the indian sub-continent.

Thanks.

Perhaps you might try going in person to Immigration to enquire? Possibly your officer has been on holiday or something. I think others are right though - they are just being thorough. If your husband has 26k income, that should be fine and it should go through eventually. Just keep asking, 12 weeks is a long time.

Thanks a lot, we were wait that much because as mention in the Guide Book "Please refrain from making enquiries about the progress of the application unless it is absolutely necessary, as it may delay the processing of the application." Yes I think now its a good time to get the advice from the case officer for the clarifications.

Thanks

hi
    It is really frustrating, I'm also waiting for mine and it has been more than 16 weeks now I check online application status almost every day but its says ''In Progress'' I wonder if they change the status or not

Last edited by lu'lu; 02-08-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast