Like Tree1Likes

Obtained HKPIC *** Next steps . . .

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Obtained HKPIC *** Next steps . . .

Hey Everyone,
    Thanks for the advice and giving me the confidence to even apply for a HKPID a few months back when I wasn't sure if I was even eligible.

Good news is that I now have the HKPID with ***AO

Now, my next goal is to get the HKSAR passport and would like to seek your advice once more.

The situation is that I am an ABC, with an US passport and living in US right now. Would I be eligible to apply for the HKSAR passport with my HKPID*** without giving up my US passport?

And if I were to apply online what type of documents will I need to show them?

Many Thanks in advance!

Search for related threads eg My latest home return permit experience.
    They will probably want to see all the docs again as it is a different dept.
    And yes you can keep passport as long as regulations have not changed.

Last edited by Morrison; 11-08-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Can you please link me to the specific threads?

Thanks.

I have *** AO on my hkid card, i was declined a hk sar passport during my first year living in HK during 2007, however, based on a few confirmed cases on this forum, a few people with *** AO status and have successfully applied for hk sar after 7 years living in HK without rescinding their foreign passport if you are ethnically chinese

are you trying to apply for a home return pass?

OP just browse my post history.

Imp. on what basis did you get ROA?
    Probably on being a C citizen.
    So you are entitled to a passport from day one.
    Nothing to do with length of stay.

Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    OP just browse my post history.

Imp. on what basis did you get ROA?
    Probably on being a C citizen.
    So you are entitled to a passport from day one.
    Nothing to do with length of stay.
    I have based this on actual people comments on this very forum

how do you define or classify a Chinese citizen? how does being born overseas and still be deemed a Chinese citizen work?

I also note that when I applied for a HK sar passport and was declined, they also stated that I could not vote, I actually successful applied for electoral register two years ago

also the fact that when you apply for a hk sar passport and if you are rejected, you still get full refund, thus, no losses in applying

Quote Originally Posted by imparanoic:
    I also note that when I applied for a HK sar passport and was declined, they also stated that I could not vote, I actually successful applied for electoral register two years ago
    That's bizarre. If you have Right of Abode and are resident in HK then you can vote. There is no citizenship requirement.

I have based this on actual people comments on this very forum

how do you define or classify a Chinese citizen? how does being born overseas and still be deemed a Chinese citizen work?
    I know. but some comments made here are actually incorrect and thus confusing.
    We should not perpetuate it, pls dont take it personal.

Everything is very well defined in the Chinese nationality law, readily available in English on HK Immigrations' website.

btw, still we dont know on what basis you were granted ROA.
    If you dont wish to answer that it is alright with me.

I am also AO Adult born Overseas and got my passport without a problem.

If you would like exchange exp. feel free to pm me
    imparanoic likes this.

In CNL Article 5

Article 5: Any person born abroad whose parents are both Chinese nationals or one of whose parents is a Chinese national shall have Chinese nationality. But a person whose parents are both Chinese nationals and have both settled abroad, or one of whose parents is a Chinese national and has settled abroad, and who has acquired foreign nationality at birth shall not have Chinese nationality.

Does this means that if a person was born overseas, to both parent who is a Chinese citizen and has settle abroad, is stateless?

No it doesn't. Try reading it again.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast