Like Tree28Likes

Husband brought 2nd wife to Hong Kong!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Its only bigamy if he is legally married to the 2nd wife. Which I don't think he is.

To get divorced in hk both parties are informed. Even if she didn't consent, she would have received divorce papers from the court telling her her husband had applied for a divorce.

Either the 2nd wife is on a tourist visa and I doubt immd will let her do many visa runs so the problem may go away soon.

Or she's got a legit employment visa- which there is nothing you can do about.

Or your dad has managed to get her a work visa illegitimately- which immd could look into.

Or your dad has brought her in claiming she is a another relative somehow- which immd could also look into.

its prob not something u want to hear - but why dont you let your parents sort it out between them?

I get it - u love your mum - you love your dad - dont want things to change? seems a bit late really.

there maybe unexpected consequences to your getting so involved tho -

if we look beyond the alleged polygomy - hes basically gone off with a younger woman. this cliche happens world wide

not that I condone it - but it is a fact of reality.

cookie09, elle, carang and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Its only bigamy if he is legally married to the 2nd wife. Which I don't think he is.

To get divorced in hk both parties are informed. Even if she didn't consent, she would have received divorce papers from the court telling her her husband had applied for a divorce.

Either the 2nd wife is on a tourist visa and I doubt immd will let her do many visa runs so the problem may go away soon.

Or she's got a legit employment visa- which there is nothing you can do about.

Or your dad has managed to get her a work visa illegitimately- which immd could look into.

Or your dad has brought her in claiming she is a another relative somehow- which immd could also look into.
    He should be legally married to her. He married her in a country where polygamy is legal.

Also, my mum and dad were married in another country. Could he have divorced her there without informing her? I would have to look into that country's law in that case.

How do I find out what visa the 2nd wife came to HK with?

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    its prob not something u want to hear - but why dont you let your parents sort it out between them?

I get it - u love your mum - you love your dad - dont want things to change? seems a bit late really.

there maybe unexpected consequences to your getting so involved tho -

if we look beyond the alleged polygomy - hes basically gone off with a younger woman. this cliche happens world wide

not that I condone it - but it is a fact of reality.
    My dad said the 2nd wife is his wife and it was his choice to bring her and their children here. My dad also said that if we're unhappy with the situation then we can leave his flat and find our own flat.

We told him that the 2nd wife being living with us, distresses us. But he said the same that if we don't like it, leave.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiippo:
    We told him that the 2nd wife being living with us, distresses us. But he said the same that if we don't like it, leave.
    Sorry, just to make sure I got this right - the 1st wife (your mother) and 2nd wife are living in the same flat which is provided by the husband (your father)?

Quote Originally Posted by Raccon:
    Sorry, just to make sure I got this right - the 1st wife (your mother) and 2nd wife are living in the same flat which is provided by the husband (your father)?

Yes, that's correct.

He should be legally married to her. He married her in a country where polygamy is legal.
    If pologamy is legal there, then its not bigamy. Though hk law won't recognise the 2nd wife. Same as gay marriage.

Also, my mum and dad were married in another country. Could he have divorced her there without informing her? I would have to look into that country's law in that case.
    I dont know of any country that would issue a divorce without both parties being informed.

How do I find out what visa the 2nd wife came to HK with?
    I dont think there is any way- either they tell you or you find her passport.

My dad said the 2nd wife is his wife and it was his choice to bring her and their children here. My dad also said that if we're unhappy with the situation then we can leave his flat and find our own flat.

Personally I'd tell your dad to sod off and leave him. Then I'd get a good divorce lawyer to screw him for every cent he has.

But that's just me.
    MovingIn07 and hktraveller like this.

I can't give u legal advice but I really wish the best for you.
    Put 2 wives and 6 kids under the same roof....wondering why your dad wants to do that.

H My relative intends to rent another flat for his second wife in Hong Kong...to keep her here for the long-run.
    ok so once they move out things will settle down.. your dads a bit of dick for even bringin em temporary in each other faces.. maybe hes goin a bit senile? ( first wife of 27 years - he's 60 something?

other thing this woman aint news to ya mum either? ( wife 2 has kids of what age? )

if I was you I would try keepin my nose out of it.. else he might chop it or you off

have u considered your Dad might *love* his other kids too? a human heart has quite a capacity for love... he misses his other kids - so he wants his cake an to eat it... you come accross as a grown woman - why do you want to be the cream that has gone sour?

if we ignore the polygamy aspect and think of your mum an him as already divorced then a new slant appears -

how many western families stay together for the kids?

maybe your mum should get a divorce lawyer an get it over with,,

Hippo: There are only 2 options: 1) Divorce 2 ) file a criminal case for bigamy. If your mom refuses to do either, then best bet is to accept the situation, and live in peace.

shenwen and carang like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scrambler:
    ok so once they move out things will settle down.. your dads a bit of dick for even bringin em temporary in each other faces.. maybe hes goin a bit senile? ( first wife of 27 years - he's 60 something?

maybe, or they could have got married at like nine years old or something. doesn't sound like they come from an especially enlightened country.

what a mess.

But they are in HK now. So HK rules. Doesn't matter if he claims to have told the first wife three times or some other horse shit. If the marriage is recognised in HK, then the first wife has rights and should push for them to be respected.
    carang likes this.