Like Tree14Likes

Employment Visa

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by bb1987:
    I am abut defensive and I am worried! Not one of you have offered me any advice other than sit around and wait. Instead judging me for how I've submitted this app.

I am defensive, I feel very vulnerable right now. I don't feel great!
    There is no possible other advice. You could go and get a lawyer, or pay for the services of a visa consultant, but truly, I doubt that investment will reap very much as your case is currently under investigation. If it gets rejected, you can try appealing but right now they are looking into things and at 11 weeks it doesn't look great but you never know.

How long is your company willing to wait for you? Have they asked Immigration about the delay, I know if I was processing a work visa and it had passed the 11-week mark, I'd be making enquiries as I would be wanting to get my employee on board. Actually I have sometimes been in the 6-week boat and as that is on the outside of the 4-6 week period they notify the employer that it will usually take to process the visa, I have been on the phone to them with good results.

We are all hoping this ends successfully for you, and we do understand your frustration, but none of us has the ability to tell you much more than 'just wait'. Though I would say your employer should be on the phone to them with respect to the status of their sponsorship for a position they are holding open for you and have done for quite a while now.
    Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 17-10-2013 at 08:03 AM. Reason: typo

I guess they wanted to take their time, but happy to say my visa was finally approved yesterday! Yaaaaaaaay

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7