Immigration for PRC spouse

Closed Thread

Immigration for PRC spouse

Hoping one of you more knowledgeable folks can help me out with an immigration query regarding my mainland wife.
    I am British and currently in Hong Kong on an employment visa, ie., i dont have PR. My wife is a Shenzhen resident and has just received her dependents visa from HK Immd. She now needs to apply for an Exit Endorsement from the local Public Security Bureau in Shenzhen. I am aware that mainlanders marrying PRs must join a long waiting list before they can complete their immigration to HK, but does a mainlander married to a foreigner on an employment visa need to join this waiting list or can she get the Exit Endorsement and enter on her dependents visa without much hassle and years of waiting? Have you guys any experience with this particular situation?
    HK Immd wont comment on this part as it is a mainland process and Mainland Immd is like talking to a brick wall.
    Thanks for any advice!

My understanding is that should be able to get the permission reasonably promptly.

It being China then maybe a well-placed brown envelope may help.

It's easy now to get the exit permit . Your wife will know how to do this from the security Beaur in her home province . No matter what visa she has for Hong Kong she needs the exit permit in her Hong Kong Macau visit pass . It's a few hundred yuan she needs copies of your papers marriage cert etc and you will get it in less than a month . Every 3months or so she needs to go back to the home province to renew it . It's easy for foreigners : local HongKong resident much more involved process

Thanks for the input.
    Update on what happened - Guangdong residents can get the Exit Endorsement in 10 working days which they put into her HK/Macau Permit book. It needs to be renewed once a year at the same time as her dependent visa, and she doen't need to renew it in person so no need to go back to Guangdong to do it. Good stuff!