Like Tree12Likes

Questions about QMAS visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question Questions about QMAS visa

My husband got his Qmas visa last year. We have been in HK for 3 years.

My question is:
    -if my husband goes to US to work for 2 years, then we will return to HK, do we lose QMAS visa and start fresh to wait for 7 years before applying for permanent HKID?
    -or do we just continue to stay in HK for 2 more years to apply for the permanent residence card in HK?

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You will have to re-apply for the QMAS and PR clock resets back to zero as the seven years ordinary residence must be continuous. One exception is where absence is due to to education, but if it's work and for two years you will not be considered to be 'in residence' for the seven years.

Regarding the visa, if he's coming back to work for his employer (or finds a new one), he could get them to sponsor an employment visa, which is much less trouble.

Thanks for the tips Claire, I find it very useful and much appreciated!

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    You will have to re-apply for the QMAS and PR clock resets back to zero as the seven years ordinary residence must be continuous. One exception is where absence is due to to education, but if it's work and for two years you will not be considered to be 'in residence' for the seven years.

Regarding the visa, if he's coming back to work for his employer (or finds a new one), he could get them to sponsor an employment visa, which is much less trouble.

Hello,
    I lived in uk for 11 months and 6 days in last 10 years...remaining period lived in india..still do i need to get pcc from uk..????..anyone can help me to clear my doubt...
    Regards
    Ramesh

WTF is PCC from UK "Press Complaints Commission"?????????

HK Immigration's QMAS Guidance Notes say 12 months or longer. I'm not sure which part of this isn't clear to you?? 11 months and 6 days is less than 12 months. Are you sure you're a quality migrant?

Hi,
    Confusion started all bcoz of one migration agent...they told i would require pcc from uk..hence i had a doubt whether it is 12 completed months or running month..it seems to be absurd from agent side for giving incorrect information to clients...

Oh dear. You're paying an agent? What for? The process is extremely well-defined and very clear on the HK Immigration website. If you can't work out how to apply by yourself then it's pretty clear you don't reach any reasonable definition of "Quality Migrant"!

bibbju likes this.

Just bcoz of time constraint i went to agent...now i understood its a straight forward process..i m going to work myself...

shifting after visa

hello every one,,...

As i have applied for QMAS.. recently I have sent my original documents then I just want to know that
    1. Now what they ask me to bring in interview?
    2. How much time they give me to shift from my country to hong kong after getting visa.?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast