HK naturalization as a Chinese national questions?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    66

    HK naturalization as a Chinese national questions?

    I want to help my mum apply for naturalization in HK.

    There is an interview component and I was wondering if anyone of you knew what questions they ask, so that I can help my mum prepare better?

    Thanks in advance!


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Hiippo:
    There is an interview component and I was wondering if anyone of you knew what questions they ask,
    They don't ask any questions as such, they just check her original documents that she submitted at the time of the application.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    4,821

    Are you sure? We're talking about naturalization, not PR.


  4. #4

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Are you sure? We're talking about naturalization, not PR.
    Someone I know well did it last week.

    They said it was quick and painless. (the interview bit)

    But processing the naturalization application can take up to 6 months.
    Last edited by emx; 09-09-2013 at 01:50 PM.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Posts
    14,622

    They don't ask questions in Chinese then?


  6. #6

    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    6,759
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    They don't ask questions in Chinese then?
    No they don't, unless you speak Cantonese.

    The person I know speaks a little Cantonese, but the whole thing was conducted in English. (They are Chinese by birth, but acquired another passport early on)

    The whole process seems so straight forward I am considering doing it myself!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Posts
    14,622
    Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    No they don't, unless you speak Cantonese.

    The person I know speaks a little Cantonese, but the whole thing was conducted in English. (They are Chinese by birth, but acquired another passport early on)

    The whole process seems so straight forward I am considering doing it myself!
    So long as you have the 'right' coloured skin. We do hear of people getting denied without reason, but we can easily guess why.

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,814

    for example, a bat and a ball cost $1.10
    The bat is a dollar more expensive than the ball.
    How much is the ball ?


  9. #9

    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    6,814

    In reality I think what they ask depends on her background.


  10. #10

    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    TST and Macau
    Posts
    1,495
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrison:
    for example, a bat and a ball cost $1.10
    The bat is a dollar more expensive than the ball.
    How much is the ball ?
    Did you read Daniel Kahnemann's Thinking, fast and slow?
    This is a tricky example. One should think well before answering.
    Even the majority of university graduates get it wrong.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast