Like Tree2Likes

Do you tell immd when you move?

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Original Post Deleted
    What happens when you discuss the case? They bring in a translator?

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Yes you are required to, and here is the form: http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/forms/forms/rop18a.html

If you don't have the correct address registered and anything happens then they will ask questions, as they did with hubby once, and let him off with a warning. Not sure what the penalty is if any for not doing so, but there you go, there is a form, fill it in, job done.
    Good lord seems I should have told them I divorced and remarried aswell....

Original Post Deleted
    I wonder how they find people for the english ones- if your english is advanced enough to follow a trial, you're hardly representative of the population.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Don't worry about jury service. After nearly 60 years in Hong Kong between us, neither I or my old man have ever been called.

Fiona in HKG likes this.

Why can't the government have one big computer database, you only have to tell one department everything, rather than having to tell several different departments the same thing several times over?

Last edited by pin; 10-09-2013 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Why can't the government have one big computer database, you only have to tell one department everything, rather than having to tell several different departments the same thing several times over?
    I always update my residential address with immd when I have moved in the past, but for some reason whenever I use a government service they use my postal address as my point of contact. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    Don't worry about jury service. After nearly 60 years in Hong Kong between us, neither I or my old man have ever been called.
    Same here....40+ years and never called....I've put it down to not having registered to vote, though

What if we no longer have a Hong Kong address because we've moved abroad?

Then you're unlikely to be stopped by hk police and asked to produce your id card.....

elle likes this.