Like Tree6Likes

IANG visa expiring in 7 days, extension still not given

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    Standard application, Greek national, qualified professional, submitted all supporting documents plus a letter advising why I need specific qualifications and experience for this new position.
    And the OP's application is just an extension...
    Fiona in HKG and ecy5maa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    And the OP's application is just an extension...
    ...yup...

10 char

I think though that if the OP were working at Fiona's company his visa would have been processed just as rapidly. It's not just about the passport you hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    I think though that if the OP were working at Fiona's company his visa would have been processed just as rapidly. It's not just about the passport you hold.
    Also true, Grunt. Though last year I had to process an employment visa for a Philippines passport-holder and that took almost five weeks. Similar line of work, similar experience.

Sometimes I think it can also be the particular case officer. And sometimes I have to resort to the Immigration Department telephone list.

I suspect it comes down to rubber-stamps still being stamped with rubber, everything else now taking a while due to backlogs/workloads... Not as straightforward as country, or skin colour, but if anything kicks your application out of the fast track, it's going slow slow slow.

Is their any point going to the immigration office and finding out the application status on my own? could that expedite things?

As things are now, ill have to leave HK in 6 days :/

Last edited by ecy5maa; 25-09-2013 at 05:09 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Original Post Deleted
    I was surprised because Fiona mentioned the speed of a new application - two weeks is pretty fast (here come the exceptions...). I don't know where the OP is from, but his/hers is an extension, which should be relatively straightforward.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    I was surprised because Fiona mentioned the speed of a new application - two weeks is pretty fast (here come the exceptions...). I don't know where the OP is from, but his/hers is an extension, which should be relatively straightforward.
    I am from Pakistan

Quote Originally Posted by ecy5maa:
    Is their any point going to the immigration office and finding out the application status on my own? could that expedite things?

Try this http://tel.directory.gov.hk/index_IMMD_ENG.html

at least it will give you a more direct phone number to call
    Rachel0928 and ecy5maa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by ecy5maa:

What does your employer say? Can't they help? They might have more luck.