Like Tree8Likes

Can USA passport holders go to Shenzhen for a day trip without a visa?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Sorry but that is not exactly correct either!

Directly from your second link:

"Restrictions of the 72-hour Visa-free Transit:
    1. This regulation does not apply to passengers who travel on round trip flights (e.g., Hong Kong - Beijing - Hong Kong), which means the destination and place of departure can not be the same. That is to say, only those who make transit through Beijing or Shanghai International Airport to the third country are eligible for this policy."
    Out of interest, can anyone confirm - from experience, ideally - if Hong Kong is actually classed as a "third country" for these purposes? In other words, would it apply to a Frankfurt->Chengdu->Hong Kong transit, since that's the one I've got booked for early next year...

Classic Geo. thread...the OP knows exactly what to do now...lol....

Quote Originally Posted by vmlinuz:
    Out of interest, can anyone confirm - from experience, ideally - if Hong Kong is actually classed as a "third country" for these purposes? In other words, would it apply to a Frankfurt->Chengdu->Hong Kong transit, since that's the one I've got booked for early next year...
    No experience, but that should classify as a genuine transit.

US passport holders - US$140 a visa.

tiger2000 likes this.

Tks for correcting me.
    It's really complicated with all the different regional and nationality restrictions

tiger2000 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by INXS:
    Classic Geo. thread...the OP knows exactly what to do now...lol....
    Ha.....true

Thanks for all info!

one can go on a 1 day shopping trip to Shenzhen for $111usd. As the price I found was in usd, I assume Americans can go on this little trek.

If one goes to the chinese visa office in Wan Chai it is - in hkd-

- $1,250 for single or double entry visa good for 6 months,
    - $1,500 for multiple entry good for 6 months,
    - or $1,800 for multiple entry visa good for one year.

These are the Current prices for receiving a visa within a regular time basis- after 4 working days.
    We will go for the multiple entry one year- better value, less complicated is the goal

Quote Originally Posted by tiger2000:
    Thanks for all info!

one can go on a 1 day shopping trip to Shenzhen for $111usd. As the price I found was in usd, I assume Americans can go on this little trek.

If one goes to the chinese visa office in Wan Chai it is - in hkd-

- $1,250 for single or double entry visa good for 6 months,
    - $1,500 for multiple entry good for 6 months,
    - or $1,800 for multiple entry visa good for one year.

These are the Current prices for receiving a visa within a regular time basis- after 4 working days.
    We will go for the multiple entry one year- better value, less complicated is the goal
    According to this notice, US passport holders pay HK$1100 whatever the length.

http://www.fmcoprc.gov.hk/eng/fwxx/wgrqz/t279937.htm

Note that it is hard to get a one year multiple entry in Hong Kong unless (1) you have previous China visas and (2) you are a HK resident, preferably permanent.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2