Like Tree4Likes

HK Visa for European with China residence permit and wife

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Hi,
    I most likely will be moving to Hongkong for next year. I am currently living in China, and have a residence permit here. Do I need another visa to stay in Hongkong for one year?

simple answer..."YES"

In general, unless a person has the right of abode or right to land in the HKSAR, he/she requires an entry visa/permit to work, study, establish or join in any business, take up residence or to stay in the HKSAR as a visitor longer than the allowed visa free period. While each application is determined on its individual merits, an applicant should meet normal immigration requirements (such as holding a valid travel document with adequate returnability to his/her country of residence or citizenship; be of clear criminal record and raise no security or criminal concerns to the HKSAR, have no likelihood of becoming a burden on Hong Kong; etc.) as well as the relevant specific eligibility criteria detailed below before he/she may be considered for the grant of an entry visa/permit. It should be noted that the eligibility criteria may be subject to change from time to time.

http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/h...l#introduction

Last edited by croash; 04-10-2013 at 09:53 AM.

A Chinese resident permit doesn't entitle you to live in Hong Kong. Have a look at the visa requirements here:
    http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/h...ry-permit.html

as per your other post if you do come here as an exchange student in Polyu, then you should be able to get a student visa which the Uni should help you sort out.

http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/6...ml#post2587661

Ok, Thanks! I jsut wanted to know because it is going to be a problem because during my stay in Hongkong I need to renew my Chinese residence permit and it takes a month, I have no idea how will I do it...

Strange, in the other thread the OP mentioned he wants to bring his girlfriend along, here he mentions a Chinese wife... Things could get somewhat complicated (or entertaining for us here on geo) if he wants to bring both of them

gunsnroses and Fiona in HKG like this.

It's perhaps some sort of immigration services at yahoo dot com trying to figure out how to run his biz

Quote Originally Posted by elle:
    Strange, in the other thread the OP mentioned he wants to bring his girlfriend along, here he mentions a Chinese wife... Things could get somewhat complicated (or entertaining for us here on geo) if he wants to bring both of them
    Are you talking about me? I'm currently typing on my phone and don't know if I'm reading the entire messages but cant remember anything about Chinese wifes. I might get married with my gf before going and bring her along though.

Quote Originally Posted by zumbito:
    Are you talking about me? I'm currently typing on my phone and don't know if I'm reading the entire messages but cant remember anything about Chinese wifes. I might get married with my gf before going and bring her along though.
    Your 1st post in this thread mentions WIFE, in your other post about finding housing, you talk of girlfriend.

Quote Originally Posted by zumbito:
    Yep, I am talking about you and the title of this thread, as wtbhotia pointed out you mentioned a wife there. Given the way you composed the title, one would assume your wife (you seem to have forgotten about her since) to be Chinese
    This could be good *grabs the popcorn*
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast