Like Tree1Likes

Dependant Visa HK

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Dependant Visa HK

Hello everyone, hope anyone can give me more information.

I am married with my wife in HK, now I want to apply for visa to work and live in HK. We have filled in the forms from the immigration but we need to give a bank statement. due personal things she dont have a job at the moment so she also dont have a salary income at the moment.

Does anyone know if this can get problems for me to request for my visa.

Thanks.

Yes - you are applying to be dependant on her. If she has no money and no income, how is that possible? What will you live off? How will you pay your rent?

Likely to be a massive problem unless she had substantial savings. She has to convince immd she can support you both financially.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Yep, she has to show to ImmD that she can support you financially. Your earning potential doesn't come into the equation.

Offcourse I wont move to there without to have a job, but I need to have the visa first to apply for a job as the company wont offer a sponsorship.

Quote Originally Posted by richard1213:
    Offcourse I wont move to there without to have a job, but I need to have the visa first to apply for a job as the company wont offer a sponsorship.
    Doesn't matter. SHE needs to show immd that SHE - alone- earns enough money for both of you to live on.

Ok so if I am right I cant do anything at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by richard1213:
    Ok so if I am right I cant do anything at the moment
    Correct.

Immigration would find your situation very fishy.

Your a foreigner and shes a local with no job (I assume)
    You dont have a visa to work in HK so how did you meet and how long have you been dating, did she meet you over seas etc etc

They will probably assume yours is a fake marriage.

No money to show support = No Dependent Visa = No Job for you, unless you find a company that is will to sponsor you.

Good Luck

I fly 2 times per month to HK and she came to me for a few months, so its not a fake marriage.
    Due personal things she cant have a job at the moment. after a few months she will go back to work.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast