Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Khema

Successful Early Renewal of Employment Visa?

Closed Thread

Successful Early Renewal of Employment Visa?

Hi all,

My girlfriend is a mainland Chinese citizen and has been working in Hong Kong for about 4 years on an employment visa, which is due for renewal in January. Her Chinese passport is valid for several years still and her employment at her current company will continue for the foreseeable future.

In December we plan to travel to the UK (one week) and then Switzerland (one week) to see my family in both countries.

She already has her UK visa approved, but we seem to be having issues with the Swiss visa as they require the HK visa to still be valid for two months from her return. The current timing means she only would have about one month left.

So, my question - has anyone successfully managed to apply to renew their employment visa ahead of the normal four-week-before-expiry timeframe? If so, what's the best way to go about it?

I have e-mailed IMMD but am still awaiting a reply. I did see one thread (http://hongkong.geoexpat.com/forum/54/thread237866.html) where someone had reported success but no details on how best to do it...

All help gratefully received!

Hi - I guess you are referring to my reply. I was in a similar situation, however I hold a Russian passport. The HK Imm may consider us to be two different priority cases

I included a letter explaining about my Schengen visa requirement to the HK Imm and they took it into account. They renewed the visa early and I was able to apply successfully for the Schengen visa.

wtbhotia likes this.