Working Visa for Hong Kong

Closed Thread

Red face Working Visa for Hong Kong

My boyfriend has been offered a job in Hong Kong, I am coming with him but we are not married and so therefore I can't get a dependant visa. I cant convince him to marry me (and we dont have time to plan a wedding!) before we go. What can I do?

I have a degree and 8 years experience in the Finance Industry. I'm not looking for the job of my dreams but would like a regular income and something to do during the day. I would consider voluntary or charity work.

you cannot even volunteer or do charity work without a visa, sorry.

all you can do is try to get a visa on your own. i'd start sending out cv's.

General Visas

Looks like it's going to be difficult to find work and a visa.

Does anyone know what I need todo just to go with my b/f to HK for 3-5 months? Do I need a holiday visa or any other permits etc to spend this much time in HK?

It depends on what passport you have., If it's a UK passport then you can come for 6 months on a visitor visa. North American, Western Europeans and Australia/NZ get 3 months per entry, and you'd probably be fine to go out and come back for another 3 months.

But it only takes 15 days notice and 10 minutes in an office to get married here, so you could get yourself a Dependant Visa with 3 months easily.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    But it only takes 15 days notice and 10 minutes in an office to get married here, so you could get yourself a Dependant Visa with 3 months easily.
    Please don't forget they will need a witness here.

Well indeed - they need two. But they can be any two random adults pulled off the street if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    It depends on what passport you have., If it's a UK passport then you can come for 6 months on a visitor visa. North American, Western Europeans and Australia/NZ get 3 months per entry, and you'd probably be fine to go out and come back for another 3 months.

Advice is spot on, although concerned the number of times on here that marriage is given as a way of getting a visa.