Like Tree25Likes

Mainland marriage 'approve' in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

To put an HK dependent visa on her passport is decided by mainland? I dont think so

Quote Originally Posted by dak:
    To put an HK dependent visa on her passport is decided by mainland? I dont think so
    Why wouldn't it be? China have always controlled where and when their citizens can leave. Why wouldn't this apply even more to Hong Kong, given they are a part of China.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The Mainland authorities issue the one-way permits for Mainland spouses to come here, without any input from Hong Kong Immigration. It is different if they have residency in another country.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 11-04-2014 at 04:44 PM.
    imparanoic likes this.

She doesnt need any one way permit. She has already been to HK several times on business trips. So im thinking she can apply for dependent when she visits HK. And hopefully it is approved so the next time she is back in HK then i just stick the visa on her passport.

Last edited by dak; 11-04-2014 at 05:19 PM.

...an inside peek into how applications are processed and the connection between HK Immigration and PRC's control of its citizens:

[IMG][/IMG]

wtbhotia likes this.

She doesnt need any one way permit. She has already been to HK several times on business trips. So im thinking she can apply for dependent when she visits HK. And hopefully it is approved so the next time she is back in HK then i just stick the visa on her passport.
    It just simply doesn't work that way for PRC citizens.
    Claire ex-ax and kimwy66 like this.

Hi Fiona. Thanks for sharing this form. Is this form a requirement from HK or China?

Hi Fiona. Thanks for sharing this form. Is this form a requirement from HK or China?
    This is from HK Immigration. I'm processing a similar case right now, though the husband is not PR.

I do have a PR with a PRC wife and she's simply in the queue waiting with everyone else.
    Last edited by Fiona in HKG; 11-04-2014 at 05:29 PM. Reason: more information on current application

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Article 22(4) of the Basic Law provides that: "for entry into the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region, people from other parts of China must apply for approval. Among them, the number of persons who enter the Region for the purpose of settlement shall be determined by the competent authorities of the Central People's Government after consulting the government of the Region".

From the ImmD website:

Of the daily OWP quota of 150 places, 60 places are allocated to children holding Certificate of Entitlement (CoE) who enjoy the right of abode in Hong Kong, 30 to spouses separated for 10 years or more (long separated spouses) and their accompanying children, and 60 to applicants belonging to other categories. Included under other categories are spouses separated for less than 10 years and their accompanying children, unsupported children who need to join their relatives in Hong Kong, persons coming to Hong Kong to take care of their unsupported aged parents (i.e. those with no other children in Hong Kong) and unsupported elderly people coming to join relatives in Hong Kong.

The process and issue of OWPs are administered by Mainland authorities in accordance with Mainland laws, policies and regulations.
    http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/h...tml#settlement
    Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 11-04-2014 at 05:34 PM.
    Fiona in HKG likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fiona in HKG:
    This is from HK Immigration. I'm processing a similar case right now, though the husband is not PR.

I do have a PR with a PRC wife and she's simply in the queue waiting with everyone else.
    This PR with a PRC wife. How did he become a PR? Through employment as professional?