Like Tree25Likes

Mainland marriage 'approve' in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7

Quote Originally Posted by Gruntfuttock:
    Maybe he thinks (and he may be correct) that in the Mainland you can at least improve your position in the queue in return for a payment. If the payment is less than HK$100K then he'd still be up if I accepted this condition.
    Well that's a better rationale than my first thought, Grunt, which was who the duck does he think he is to hop in front of people who have been biding their time waiting, just because he feels he should.

Quote Originally Posted by dak:
    Haha no. Im thinking there is a special process! Maybe hk will call mainland and improve the queue. It has always been like that for me when i go to immigration. There is normal queue and special queue. I always wonder how i always get processed first when i arrived later than someone
    Holy crap!!!!!!
    z754103 likes this.

Not every Mainlander has to qeueu for 5 years. From what I have heard it depends on the number of applications from that specific province. Guangdong, Sichuan, Hunan 5 years since there are many applications from those provinces. but eg Heilungjiang 3 years.

The bet dak is making is that his soon to be wife will be granted a hk dependent visa. The 150 queue is for the one way permit which allows mainland citizens to reunite with family, in this case, the spouse.

The bet is on the dependent visa, anything else would be considered a loss.

I have first hand experienced in this as I was the same situation but I guess dak knows more than me....

Last edited by BryanL; 11-04-2014 at 07:18 PM.
    wtbhotia likes this.

1) I'll take that bet, up to $1000 HKD. No dependent visa for the PR&Mainlander

2) BryanL described a scenario involving Canada. I personally know a couple who went thru the exact same routine but in Oz instead of Canada. He was PR and she was Guangxi resident.

Any updates from dak?

He's probably hiding from HC.

Closed Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7