Cancellation of multi-entry China visas as of 1 July?

Cancellation of multi-entry China visas as of 1 July?

Dear All:

I hope that this is a nasty, baseless rumor, and if so, my apologies for spreading it, but a friend has just told me that he has heard all existing multi-entry visas for China will be cancelled as of 1 July 2008, regardless of how much time they have remaining on them. My family and I reside in Shatin, I travel daily to China for work and the kids cross over to Shenzhen every day for school. I spent a lot of $ and time traveling to the US in April to get one-year multis for the whole family, and thought I had this problem licked. I would be very aggrieved to learn that we are back again to square one. I have heard rumors for some time about existing multis being cancelled at the border, but it has not happened to me in dozens of trips since all this nonsense started. This is the first thing I have heard about a mass-cancellation policy as of a specific date, however. Anybody know anything about this?

Thanks, and again, sorry to be suggesting that the sky is falling if in fact it is not.

Nathan

I heard the same rumour last week, funnily enough from a friend in Shatin. However I have not seen, or heard, of this rumour anywhere else so am taking it with a pinch of salt for the moment.

YIKeS!!!
    i hope that that's only a rumor otherwise there would be major implication IF a Mass Cancellation on that day occur