Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By SimonR
  • 1 Post By Drunken Master

How long will I have to wait for a study visa? - Anyone tried?

Closed Thread

How long will I have to wait for a study visa? - Anyone tried?

Hello.

Anyone of you who have actually tried getting a study visa, and can tell med how long it took?

Courses starts 13th of january and The IMMD will have my application on the 10th of december if the postal system doesn't fail completely.

Thanks!

The immigration website says it will take 6 weeks for processing.

And add time for Xmas. Can't you get the forms in sooner?

Drunken: It says up till, right?

It is on its way with express and it left my coyntry the next day after I sent it (26th) but is I have tried before, it will land in Hong Kong and then the Hong Kong post takes ages. I think it is because of the customs maybe.

I cannot get them in sooner.

I don't see the words "up to":

http://www.immd.gov.hk/en/services/h...guidebook.html

"Processing Time

It will normally take six weeks to process a visa/entry permit application for study upon receipt of all the required documents. The Immigration Department would not be able to start processing the application unless all the required documents and information are received. Please refrain from making enquiries about the progress of the application unless it is absolutely necessary, as it may delay the processing of the application."

Oh yes. Not good.

Maybe you can contact the Chinese embassy in your country and see if they can help you with this "emergency"?

From the immigration website:

"Submission of application:

9b. Applicants residing in overseas countries or territories may submit their application forms together with the relevant supporting documents and their travel documents in person to the nearest Chinese diplomatic and consular missions in their place of domicile."

WOW. It took them 5 days to process my study visa!!

Drunken Master likes this.

Good news. Now you can come to HK in time and with a visa sticker in your passport.

MCDC likes this.