visa for china/vietnam

Closed Thread

visa for china/vietnam

i`m thinking about getting a 60 day double entry visa for china. does the visa start from the day you enter the country or when you get the visa approved from the embassy?

i take it that CTS is the best place to get one. i don`t mind going to the embassy myself.

a question about the vietnam visa. is it true that the visa starts when you get it back from the embassy and is it also true that you have to specify exactly which your port of departure is? seems a little inconvenient if this is the case.

thanks

i dunno about the double entry visa but i've a 1-year multiple entry for china and it was valid from the day i got it back from the travel agency.

about the vietnam visa, i went there last december and got mine from the consulate. you have to specify the exact date you will be arriving in vietnam and your visa will be valid from the day you have stated in the application - NOT the day you get it back from the embassy. if you happen to arrive in vietnam earlier then you will not be able to enter. later is no problem though.

and yes, you have to specify your entry/exit point in vietnam when applying.

hope this helps.

thanks schizoide. very helpful info.