Waiting for dependant visa while in HK..

Closed Thread

Waiting for dependant visa while in HK..

Hi there! I am currently applying depedant visa for my husband to join me here in Hong Kong and currently here with us with a tourist visa. His tourist visa is going expired last Friday and had to apply for an extension and unfortunately the ImmigD only gave 1 week extension.

His visa application is still under pending and the tourist visa will again expire this Friday. Our plan is to exit Macau.

My question is, is there any limit of entries in Hong Kong? Because as far as I can remember, Macau does have a limit. I want to spend the Holiday season with my husband and hoping he can get visa until the dependant visa gets released.

Is it possible? We're planning to entry/exit Macau twice and will it be possible without getting questioned?

I really appreciate any input about our situation because the dependant visa application otself is already stressful enough. *sigh*

If they only gave him 1 week last time they will probably refuse entry next time.

It would be wise to make plans for him to go home and wait for his visa there.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It's not so much a 'limit' on entries to Hong Kong via Macau, but whether the ImmD officer thinks your husband might be doing a visa run, which he would be. Some people seem to be able to get away with doing many visa runs, some people get stopped at the first one. If the officer thinks this the case, there is a chance he will be denied entry to Hong Kong (or only allowed in for a couple of days), which could also effect the dependent visa application.

You must remember that EVERYTHING is logged with ImmD and the officer can see it. The extension request. The time limit of the extension. It will be pretty obvious he's doing a visa run.

Immd seem to already be suspicious which is why he was given only 7 days last time. Trying again will be seriously pushing your luck.

What nationality is your husband?

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    It's not so much a 'limit' on entries to Hong Kong via Macau, but whether the ImmD officer thinks your husband might be doing a visa run, which he would be. Some people seem to be able to get away with doing many visa runs, some people get stopped at the first one. If the officer thinks this the case, there is a chance he will be denied entry to Hong Kong (or only allowed in for a couple of days), which could also effect the dependent visa application.

You must remember that EVERYTHING is logged with ImmD and the officer can see it. The extension request. The time limit of the extension. It will be pretty obvious he's doing a visa run.
    Thank you for your inputs! I really appreciate it. He has a return ticket on the 20th which will be from Hong Kong and I hope everything will be fine as this will be our first time to celebrate the Holiday Season together.

Will it be possible do you think if we try to apply fot another extension to plead that we want to celebrate our very very Christmas together? Or the ImmigD doesn't really pity?

What nationality is your husband?

Quote Originally Posted by iqaganda:
    Thank you for your inputs! I really appreciate it. He has a return ticket on the 20th which will be from Hong Kong and I hope everything will be fine as this will be our first time to celebrate the Holiday Season together.

Will it be possible do you think if we try to apply fot another extension to plead that we want to celebrate our very very Christmas together? Or the ImmigD doesn't really pity?
    I'm just wondering why your husband booked a return ticket for a period which was outside his visa? It seems a rather risky thing to do.

If Immigration have already given you a 1 week extension, I can't see them giving you further extensions without a very good reason (such as serious illness of a close relative etc). You're not actually asking to spend Christmas together, you're asking to spend all of December together. That's a BIG difference!!! (especially when his current visa extension is only 1 week). I think he would be better off going home now and trying to come back for 1 week over the actual Christmas period. Unless you're able to go home with him and spend Christmas there?

Would agree with the others, if they only gave a week I think it very unlikely they woule give more

Hi,
    Hope you will be enjoying good health, actualy I also planing for a dependent visa during my stay as tourist. How about your visa status as today is it approved or either they given further extension. Did they also call u guys to attend the immigration with all the necessary documents for dependent visa or not?

Might be worthwhile for him to chill out in Macau / Mainland for a while if he doesn't want to go home.

What nationality is he?