Like Tree4Likes

Employment and dependent Visa

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Employment and dependent Visa

Hi everyone.

My wife got a sponsorship from a company for her employment visa so we applied for the
    employment and dependent visa at the same time. Today is our 7th week and was
    wondering if applying both visas at the same time would delay the process. Her company is a well-known and a big company that everyone knows and her salary is above 20K. I know there were christmas and new year holidays. Does it normally take longer during end-of-the-year period? By the way we are a Japanese couple and had been married for over 1 year. All we had to do was to send necessary documents to her HR department and the rest was done by her company. About 2 weeks ago, we got an email from her company saying that the immigration had some enquiries(probably some missing documents?) regarding the visa and they haved replied back to the immigration.

Sorry for a long introduction. So my questions are

1. Does it take longer to process a visa during December and January because of Christmas and New Year Holiday?

2. Would applying for dependent and employment visa at the same time delay the visa process?

Thanks in advance!

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

2. Applying at the same time should not delay the process.

However, the request for additional information may delay the process, along with the holidays. A usual estimate is 4-6 weeks, depending on nationality/time of year/employer. With the request for additional information, you could possibly be looking at a further 4-6 weeks.

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 07-01-2014 at 03:12 PM.
    KATC likes this.

Thanks Claire.

Hope it wouldn't delay that much.

As your wife's company is a well-known company and there has been an enquiry for more documents, they should do a little bit of follow up with the case officer (I've always had a name and number on requests for more information). I'm sure they want your wife on board around now as most employers plan for a timeline of up to six weeks.

Has she spoken with her HR Department?

Good luck with everthing and I hope you enjoy Hong Kong.

Thanks Fiona. She has emailed the HR department several times regarding the visa, but they never gave her the reference number for the visa application and we don't know why.

What the company said was they are still waiting for the feedback from the immigration as they(immigration) had enquiries previously. And said they(company) will contact my wife once the visa is approved.

My wife didn't actually ask the HR department to do the follow up with the case officer since she didn't want to push them.

Guess all we can do is to sit and wait.

Thanks again Fiona!

What passport do you n your wife hold?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using GeoClicks mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by shafiq:
    What passport do you n your wife hold?

Sent from my GT-N5120 using GeoClicks mobile app
    By the way we are a Japanese couple
    as per his 1st post, I reckon they hold Japanese passport

If your wife is only receiving a salary just cracking over 20k, it is possible immigration might query whether it is a sufficient amount for your wife to maintain you as her dependent. Once you take out rent even, it doesnt leave alot to live on. Does your wife have significant savings?

Quote Originally Posted by wtbhotia:
    as per his 1st post, I reckon they hold Japanese passport
    Yes thats correct

Quote Originally Posted by big_panda:
    If your wife is only receiving a salary just cracking over 20k, it is possible immigration might query whether it is a sufficient amount for your wife to maintain you as her dependent. Once you take out rent even, it doesnt leave alot to live on. Does your wife have significant savings?
    Actually the company didnt ask for the financial statement so we only provided the contract. Is there a chance that her employment visa gets approved first then ask for more documents to approve my dependent visa? I dnt mind getting my dependent visa delayed but want her to get her employment visa as soon as possible.

Also if the financial status was the issue here wouldnt the immigration have asked for it when they made inquiries previously?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast