Renewal of Dependent Visa for my wife when Sponsor (myself) start to work outside HK ?

Closed Thread

Renewal of Dependent Visa for my wife when Sponsor (myself) start to work outside HK ?

My wife's Dependent Visa will be expired in 2015 (after his 4th years in HK).

I have taken up a stationed employment in China starting early 2014 which I planned to come to HK for holiday every quarter within a year (spend total of 4-5 weeks holiday for a year ).

We have our owned property in HK and I always be based in HK before 2014 and my parents also in HK. My wife has a job in HK too.

Under this situation, if we tried to apply renewal by close to end of 2014. Then in my declaration form, I will have more than 180 days not in HK. Under this situation, will there be problem for my wife's renewal?

Or can we try to make the application earlier say early this year 2014, so that I can claim for a substantial no of days in HK (as I am always in HK in 2013)? Will Immigration accept earlier application? In fact, my wife get her renewal passport in early 2014. Can this serve as a reason for accepting a new 3 year renewal visa in the new passport?

Pls assist!

Quote Originally Posted by loislois:
    I have taken up a stationed employment in China starting early 2014.
    Your wife's dependent visa is linked to your Hong Kong employment visa, when does your Hong Kong employment visa expire?

Quote Originally Posted by emx:
    Your wife's dependent visa is linked to your Hong Kong employment visa, when does your Hong Kong employment visa expire?

I m a HK permanent resident. In the past i worked under HK based co in hk. Recently i was shifted to work for a PRC subsidiary of a hk co under prc employment. the reason is i want to get prc work experience n i intended to just work there for not less than two years and then back to seek for hk in futire.

I guess you just fill out the form:

http://www.immd.gov.hk/pdforms/id481ac.pdf

State how long you have been away for and for what reason?

I very much doubt they will allow an "early" renewal. The new passport thing doesn't really work as the old visa continue to stay in the old passport.