price of multiple entry visa

Closed Thread

price of multiple entry visa

Hi,

I am moving to Hong Kong in august, and I know already that I am going to get myself an multiple entry visa.

The embassy here in Finland issues 12 month multiple entry visas to china for 1500HKD. How much does it cost to get one in Hong Kong ? Is it just as easy to get one in advance, or is it easier to get one from Hong Kong ?

IF - and that's a big if - they do issue multiple visas in Finland go for it (or better run for it). It is next to impossible to get one in Hong Kong, have a look at the related thread here in this forum for updated information.

elle is right. get the multiple visa in finland if you can. due to the olympics, they will unlikely to grant you a multiple visa here in HK.

Henka,put your snow shoes on pal and immediately get on down to the embassy and get that multi entry visa !No stopping off for a sauna and a nice bowl of reindeer stew on the way though you have to be quick-seriously.
    Multientry visa are impossible to get in HK now even for those with 15 years China travel,many multi entry visa's prior,HK permanent resident blah blah.
    If you really do get one let us all know- though we are sure going to be jazzed up you got one and we can't even though we live here-expect some serious bitching!

Okay, so it is next to impossible to get a multiple entry visa in HK during the olympics. But how much would one cost once the olympics are over and they are issuing them again ?

Nobody is sure if and when they will start issuing multiple visas again. This is the Chinese Government we are speaking of after all and they have been less than open about all the changes to begin with. Rumor has it that things will be back to normal in late October.
    The cost of multiple visas was always depending on the length of the visa, speed of service and on what country's passport you are holding.
    I paid for my last visa HK$ 900.- (German passport, multiple entry F visa, valid for one year, no express service). That was last February.

Last edited by elle; 04-07-2008 at 03:29 PM. Reason: spelling