Like Tree22Likes

HKPR interview?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

They only freaking asked me to show my best squat and spit technique!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using GeoClicks mobile app

wtbhotia and elle like this.

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    They only freaking asked me to show my best squat and spit technique!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using GeoClicks mobile app
    I'm glad we could help you

Original Post Deleted
    Well, actually part of getting to the front of the line at immigration was to see how fast you could push by other people. If you didn't meet the deadline, they sent you the back of the line to try again.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    Well, actually part of getting to the front of the line at immigration was to see how fast you could push by other people. If you didn't meet the deadline, they sent you the back of the line to try again.
    Sounds like something Stuart Hall would be commentating on.

[Damn, I'm old]

My experiences on applying for PR. May be of use to others who are going to be applying:

http://www.browngeek.net/2014/02/get...residency.html

Thanks for sharing the process pin.
    Question: how can I find out how many years in total I have completed according to HK immigration? Reason for asking this is when I first came to HK I had business visa which was then converted to work permit in sept 2007. Unlike others who usually got 2 years or so in one go, I always received 3-6 months work visa extension. Reason being I was contracted here with a bank by an Indian company and the bank always thought they'd need me for another 3-6 months only. This went on for couple of years.
    Then I quit indian company and went local. That's when I got a full year work permit.
    Also to note that for the time I was with the Indian company I didn't receive any salary, only accommodation, per diem and salary in India but they did file tax here on my behalf, so I have copies of that tax return.
    Any clarification would be most appreciated, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by usehername:
    Is it an invisible beard?
    I would get a transparent beard if I were you. If you can find one in HK, obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Thanks for sharing the process pin.
    Question: how can I find out how many years in total I have completed according to HK immigration? Reason for asking this is when I first came to HK I had business visa which was then converted to work permit in sept 2007. Unlike others who usually got 2 years or so in one go, I always received 3-6 months work visa extension. Reason being I was contracted here with a bank by an Indian company and the bank always thought they'd need me for another 3-6 months only. This went on for couple of years.
    Then I quit indian company and went local. That's when I got a full year work permit.
    Also to note that for the time I was with the Indian company I didn't receive any salary, only accommodation, per diem and salary in India but they did file tax here on my behalf, so I have copies of that tax return.
    Any clarification would be most appreciated, thanks.
    Hi, I guess the only real concrete way would be to ask Immigration themselves. I am sure they will be able to determine when the 7 year clock started ticking for you.

Help...I tried to submit my PR application online. However, they allow only 4 files to be uploaded for the form and 1 file for the HKID, when I have more supporting documents than that. If anyone has applied online recently, how did you upload all your documents online?

Try combining the files ..like combining multiple pdfs into one!!