Like Tree5Likes

UK passport renewal

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

I posted my application almost 5 weeks ago and still no sign of new passport. This is taking little bit longer than I expect.

Quote Originally Posted by wgoonw:
    I posted my application almost 5 weeks ago and still no sign of new passport. This is taking little bit longer than I expect.
    Have you received any email asking for further documents?

It will take at least 6 weeks.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Peterbhagu:
    Have you received any email asking for further documents?
    No the last reply I had from them was saying my application is still going through examination process. Do make sure you never login with a wrong password for 3rd time. (didn't know how that happened to me), because they won't reset it back to normal and you'll have to email / phone them to check for the status every time.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It could be that as summer is coming the Passport Office is a little busier than usual.

My daughter's application reached the passport office on 11Apr...but when I check the status, it is still
    Declaration form received, being processed

She needs to travel in early Jul for Summer school, just hope that they can send it back within Jun. She is renewing her passport from child --> adult. I hope this is not the reason for the long wait.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/a...-passport-mess

Not looking good guys. Up to 3 months wait

Thumbs down

got my new passport today finally, it took exactly 2 months.

This thread is a useful way to seeing when this fiasco starting to boil over ... clearly back in February and March things were on track and it was April/May (consistent with the newspaper article in the other thread) when it all went haywire. So my question is : What happened at the start of April?

clearly they're overloaded because of holiday backlog.