Like Tree5Likes

UK passport renewal

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by wgoonw:
    clearly they're overloaded because of holiday backlog.
    Hogwash! Dont you read the Daily Mail? Its all them immigrants

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-backlog.html

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    This thread is a useful way to seeing when this fiasco starting to boil over ... clearly back in February and March things were on track and it was April/May (consistent with the newspaper article in the other thread) when it all went haywire. So my question is : What happened at the start of April?
    I think there was a period of very nice weather back in blighty, so everyone finished early and went to beer garden.....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Watercooler likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Proplus:
    I think there was a period of very nice weather back in blighty, so everyone finished early and went to beer garden.....

Sent from my GT-N7105 using GeoClicks mobile app
    Yeah, they can't do without beer gardens on a sunny day.

Man, as troublesome as getting a passport from Canada is, it still pales in comparison to trying to get a passport from the UK! That's British efficiency for you. (Kidding...)

Quote Originally Posted by Watercooler:
    That's British efficiency for you. (Kidding...)
    Actually I don't think you are kidding, it's a bloody joke at the moment.

For everyone information, I sent my daughter's renewal form on 7Apr, arrived their office on 11Apr and I got it back last night. The old passport comes this morning.

So it takes a total of 11 weeks, end to end.

I think I will renew my own passport later after the chaos in the passport office has been settled.

Will be calling the British Consulate today, but in the mean time, does any body have any idea regarding the option to extend your passport for 1 year? My daughter's passport is expiring in August, but her HK visa is expiring in July. I know, I overlooked the visa expiry date.

Any information appreciated, thanks.

I think the consulate is the place that can extend - and when you've done it can you report back on how it went?

the world and his wife are trying to speak to someone in consular emergencies at the moment!

if you have a sec/pa/bored and helpful friend and a speakerphone - take advantage!

Actually was lucky and got someone in the first go. It is possible to get an extension for one year but not in my daughter's case as need 3 empty pages in the passport, and hers is full with China visas. So have to renew her passport. Called the HK immigration and they were very helpful, said to go down to HK Immigration office and explain situation and not to worry as many people in the same boat.

wtbhotia likes this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

Why go to HK ImmD for a UK passport? What am I missing here?