I have an old hkg ID card issued 1991

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I have an old hkg ID card issued 1991

Hi everyone,

I need help with my case.
    I have an old id card with UMOY code on it issued 1991. I was a dependent to my Parents who acquired ROA by working in hkg for 7yrs. They are still hkg residents today.

My parents are filipinos and I was born in the Philippines. At age 1 I moved to hkg with my parents and studied Primary 1-6 in a Government school then came back to the Philippines at 1992 to pursue Secondary and College.

I came back to HKG last yr 2000 to reapply my dependent Visa but unfortunately was declined coz i just turned 22. Since then i didnt know what to do. Until I came into this forum this year.

My question is:

1. Since I still have an old ID card. Would I qualify to apply for Verification of a permanent ID card?

2. Would I even be considered with RTL?

Sent from my HTC Sensation XL with Beats Audio X315e using GeoClicks mobile app

Were you resident in HK for 7 years?

If you lived in HK for a continuous period of 7 years you should be ok. You need to apply for verification. The form is ROP145 if successful you will be entitled to RTL

I lived in hkg straight from 1985-1992. I returned to the philippines for 2yrs before 85 then came back.

I had this Id when i turned 14 yrs old in 1991.

Thanks for your reaponds guyz, do i need to make an appointment before giving the application or do i go to immg office on my next visit to hkg?

What documents do i need to prepare?

Read the guidelines on HK Immi's website.
    From my experience,You can mail it but must be in HK the day you mail it, even if it's only for a few hours, they will check the entry chop at a later stage.
    Once they have your application they will notify you what docs they would like to see.

Ok thanks. I hope everything will work out well... I long for a chance to live once again in hkg without condition

Will i have to stay in HKG the whole duration while waiting for the result of the application ?

no. you can go back home and someone in HK can pick up the new ID card.

Quote Originally Posted by bak875:
    no. you can go back home and someone in HK can pick up the new ID card.
    Not 100% accurate.

She can go back home, but will need to come back to HK to process the new ID card; interview to check documents are in order and snap a fresh photo (none of this will happen until the application is approved). Then she will be issued a temporary paper HK ID, which is perfectly fine to enter and exit HK with. 10 working days later her new plastic ID will be ready, she can collect it or have someone collect in on her behalf.
    Last edited by emx; 20-02-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast