Lo Wu border opening times

Closed Thread

Lo Wu border opening times

I need to cross from Shenzen Lo Wu (my hotel is near the border) to HK to reach HK airport by 0700.

Can anyone tell me:

1The opening times of the Lo Wu border PRC side and HK side(i presume they both open at the same time)

2.Is there usually a long wait on the China side to cross at that time on an ordinary week day?

3.On the HK side i plan to take the KCR to Sheung Shui station and then the A42 airport bus to the airport.Will this get me to the airport by 0700?(crossing the HK side will be very quick for me as i hold HKPRID)

i have done the run to HK airport from Shenzen via the 24 hr Wong Gong crossing(limo/bus) many times but prefer to use the Lo Wu border if possible this time but it is important to arrive the airport by 0700

Thankyou all in advance for your advice

Takes about 45-60 minutes to take the A42. So that means you need to be on the bus around 6 AM. Not sure if the KCR leaves that early.
    Also believe the border opens at 630.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:

1The opening times of the Lo Wu border PRC side and HK side(i presume they both open at the same time)

2.Is there usually a long wait on the China side to cross at that time on an ordinary week day?

3.On the HK side i plan to take the KCR to Sheung Shui station and then the A42 airport bus to the airport.Will this get me to the airport by 0700?(crossing the HK side will be very quick for me as i hold HKPRID)

i have done the run to HK airport from Shenzen via the 24 hr Wong Gong crossing(limo/bus) many times but prefer to use the Lo Wu border if possible this time but it is important to arrive the airport by 0700

Thankyou all in advance for your advice
    1. 6:30
    2. I've crossed it last year at opening time. Had a very very long queue then. Not sure if it's like that every day though. But, it's definitely possible.
    3. I doubt you'll get there at 7 am, just doesn't seem possible to me.

Maybe you can try the ferry from Shenzhen directly to the airport in HK? Haven't done it, but have been told it is direct and faster then the KCR route.

Personally, i don't believe you can get there at 7 am at the airport by using the KCR.

Thankyou sleuth and FilipH -as i suspected not possible to get to airport by 7 via Lo Wu ;

i will stick to the HuangGong 24 hour crossing & airport bus in that case

use the lok ma chau border and from there take the luxury vans that go directly to the airport, i think they charge 140 per trip. much faster.