Like Tree1Likes

Police clearance certificate

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Police clearance certificate

I worked in Qatar from May 2006 to Sep. 2012, but I will return to India for every 10 Months, As per HK QMAS policy says “The applicant should be able to provide Police clearance certificate for all countries where he/she has stayed for more than 12 months in last 10 years.” I did not stay continently 12 months in Qatar, so do I also have to get Police Clearance Certificate from Qatar? Or no need only From India is enough.

Please answer ASAP.

Presumably you were legally resident in Qatar at the time?

Unless there's a reason - i.e. unless you know that you won't be able to get the certificate - I'd definitely try to get one. General advice for Immigration, and QMAS in particular, is to give them as much paper as possible, in case they want it and to show willing...

If you're right and it says 'more than 12 months' and not 'for a continuous period of more than 12 months' (or similar), then you would need one from qatar.

I was in the employment visa and moreover it is almost one and half year, and i have one credit card due yet to close in Qatar and as of now I am finding difficult to settle it. Since this due Qatar is not willing to take any step on this certificate, is there any other way to overcome this. But for sure I will settle this due within a year time. Please advise L

Last edited by KannanHK; 11-03-2014 at 01:48 PM.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

You do realise QMAS can take a year to get, assuming you get it?

Last edited by Claire ex-ax; 11-03-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    You do realise QMAS can take a year to get, assuming you get it?
    Hi Claire,
    Sorry i did not get you, one of the agent in India, Chennai said it will take hardly 3-4 months, can you advise me pls, on this.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    Quote Originally Posted by KannanHK:
    Hi Claire,
    Sorry i did not get you, one of the agent in India, Chennai said it will take hardly 3-4 months, can you advise me pls, on this.
    It's really not possible for it to be done in 3-4 months. It's not just a matter of having the points and putting in the paperwork. There is a selection committee, followed by an advisory committee, then an interview. The results are announced in batches so if you just miss one round of selection you have to wait several months for the next. Even after all that, there is no guarantee of a QMAS visa if you don't have the necessary skills that Hong Kong needs at a given time (this is not something you can check either).

Unfortunately there seem to be a lot of agents giving out false information. We even had one poor chap who had been told that he would get permanent residency after a few months in Hong Kong on the QMAS visa (it's actually 7 years).

I hope someone will post about their experiences applying for the QMAS to share with you. It's not impossible but it's not easy and there are no guarantees.

Quote Originally Posted by KannanHK:
    Hi Claire,
    Oh dear, oh dear...

First job - fire that agent!

Why are these agents always in India?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Why are these agents always in India?
    That's where they find the gullible one willing to pay for the drivel. I'm certain they exist in Philippines too...
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast