Like Tree3Likes

Qmas 30th selection excerise

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

If you are still under 30 you could get a 12 month working holiday visa, and use that time to find an employer who would sponsor you. Having said that, I guess from your user name that you've just missed that boat.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

The QMAS process is long and more often than not a fruitless one. I'm just wondering why you didn't just find a job with a sponsoring company. Would have been faster.

Thanks for your advice.

I did try to apply for jobs online but it seems HK companies prefer candidates living locally. Had also spoken with a few recruiters in HK and they all suggested me to relocate first before starting the job hunting process.

As an Australian citizen I do get to enjoy three-month visa free period but it is also fairly risky for me. I have got a decent job in Sydney as well as a pathetic mortgage to pay. Have to think very carefully before making any big decision.

QMAS should be my best bet now and if I got rejected, thats fate.

It's very rare that an Australian citizen would apply for QMAS. As a Cantonese / English / Mandarin speaker you're at an advantage, and with the Australian experience and qualifications I would assume you could find something?

Even if you took a few weeks off for interviews without resigning I think it would be better than waiting years for a QMAS. If you were still a Chinese citizen I could understand it, as you'd have no other option without P.R. overseas.

It's interesting to note that of the 85 approval-in-principles granted it appears that 6 of them made their applications since the beginning of 2014 (so quick results are possible), and 2 applied in 2012 (the rest in 2103).

At least I assume that's what can be inferred from the reference numbers.

And also, that approximately 3000 people applied in 2013, but only around 300 applications were granted.

Last edited by Gruntfuttock; 25-03-2014 at 06:49 PM.
    kimwy66 likes this.

Still cannot find my number. I think thats it. A rejection letter should come very soon.

Looks like I have to accept the fact that I am a 'quality' migrant for AUS but not for HK.

Congratulations to whoever got the AIP!

@ ryan 1983... same here buddy...cant find my number.....its been almost 16 months....:-(

Quote Originally Posted by Lerry:
    @ ryan 1983... same here buddy...cant find my number.....its been almost 16 months....:-(

Are you serious? 16 months?????

What's your background?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan1983:
    Are you serious? 16 months?????

What's your background?
    Bachelor, toefl, experience, everything they required