Change of VISA from employment to Student VISA,

Closed Thread

Change of VISA from employment to Student VISA,

I am working in HK on an employment VISA. I have been here for 3 years now. My current employer is sponsoring my employment VISA however, I am considering quitting my job and getting a study VISA so I can enroll for full time studies. Now my concern is, if I change from employment to student VISA, will I be resetting my "clock" ? will the 3 years I have stayed on an employment VISA count if I change to student VISA when applying for PR after completing 7 years?
    Please advise

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

No you will not be 'resetting' the PR clock. So long as the visas are back to back, i.e. no gap of 6 months away, you'll be fine.

OK that sounds great! however does it matter whether I enroll at a local college or does it have to be at a university? I am thinking HKU SPACE for instance

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal

It depends on the level of course. Generally for a study visa, it's full-time for undergrad, part-time for postgrad. Anything at SPACE I believe is considered part-time.

See: Entry for Study - Criteria

Don't forget, you can't work on a study visa, except under special/limited circumstances.

why not other colleges hkuspace is not that good at all .
    and there are full time courses there just depends on u

Clock will not be resetting as if u r holding valid visa with hkid