Zhuhoi SEZ 5 day visa

Closed Thread

Zhuhoi SEZ 5 day visa

I would greatly appreciate hearing from anyone who has recent experience obtaining (or not )the Zuhoi SEZ 5 day on the spot visa either at the Jiuzhou Ferry Port in Zuhoi or at the Gongbei/Macau crossing

I have experience already many times with the Shenzen SEZ 5 day restricted visa at the Lo Wu border .

I hold HKID PR(gwailo- no 3 stars unfortunately) and an Australian passport.

Some Background--According to China Travel with whom i booked a weekend spa holiday in Zhuhoi-in order to get the China visa i need to show a return air ticket to Australia!this is to show the Chinese embassy that i will return to Australia after the 2 day spa break; despite that i live here 16 years own a flat work etc ,and also need to pony up $1200 dollars for single entry (the spa package itself only cost $780 inclusive).The visa avail in 2 days

So i am thinking to get a Zhuhoi visa on arrival at either via Macau Gongbei or direct Zuhoi at the ferry terminal.

Any help on location of visa office,opening,fees,paperwork required,success rate of approval,wait times etc much appreciated in advance

zhuhoi visa on arrival

Just for any readers of this post& fyi according to the mainland customs control point officers contacted by phone this morning there are no longer any 3 day visa on arrival for foreigners in zhuhoi.

a valid china visa must be arranged in advance

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:
    Just for any readers of this post& fyi according to the mainland customs control point officers contacted by phone this morning there are no longer any 3 day visa on arrival for foreigners in zhuhoi.

If you are 5 people you can get a group visa. I heard it is 50 MOP per person and will not be on the passport. I saw several times people on group visas crossing accompanied by an agent who had the visa on a seperate paper. The group must enter and exit together. I don't know where to get it though. Neither do I know if tourist can get it. If someone interested I can try to find out.

I talked to a friend who is a journlist for TV. He said a group visa can be applied from many travel agents in Macau and will be granted the same day. Everyone can apply, also tourist. It is good for 3 days, costs 50 MOP per person and the group must have at least 5 members. The whole group must enter and exit together. The visa comes on a seperate paper and the travel agend accompanies the group through immmigration.

Quote Originally Posted by hongkong7:

Sorry, I have to add some confusion again. I went to Zhuhai today, and since I had to go to the visa issuing office to get another one of those pages thay stamp on instead of the passport, I asked them about the 3 days visa. I was told, if you hold a HKID or Macau ID or a Macau blue card, you can still get a 3 days SEZ visa. Some countries can't. Germay is OK, Philippines is ok, Indonesia is not (muslim country). PM me for the phone number to ask if in doubt.

Probably they themselves are not very clear about whether to issue these SEZ visa's or not and it may depend who is on duty that day,wether they have had an argument with the wife that morning,overtime pay got approved , etc etc-

i was going to do a test run myself to see if they actually issue -but decided in the end too much of a hassle to plans if they decided not to and i had to turnaround and go back

so i got an advance(very expensive and time consuming )visa in HK-

by the way i got stopped by 3 machine_ pistol carrying police(wearing black not the usual blue uniforms )- in the Gungbak shopping mall on Sunday about midday and asked to put my bag down and show my identity card(passport)-right in the middle of the mall in front of a large crowd very curious onlookers. so evryone better carry their ID / passport with them(lucky i did not leave it in hotel safe as planned).They specially picked me out a huge crowd chinese and checked my name against a list they had-then let me go ;